Can we buy a home in Ms. with low income and not so good credit? What are our options?

Me and my husband are currently living in a trailer that doesn't belong to us on land that soon won't even be ok for us to stay on. We only got married last year but we have a 5 year old. We haven't as of yet had an opportunity to establish credit although my husband may have an ugly mark on his. He... show more Me and my husband are currently living in a trailer that doesn't belong to us on land that soon won't even be ok for us to stay on. We only got married last year but we have a 5 year old. We haven't as of yet had an opportunity to establish credit although my husband may have an ugly mark on his. He makes under 40k a year and his is our only income at the moment. Are we gonna be able to buy an inexpensive home that we so desperately need and where do we start? How do we get the ball rolling to try to move by next year? Any advice is appreciated as we have never bought anything over $4k and have no clue what the first step is. Thanks.