After reading a story like this, is it time to start "testing" people before they are allowed to own a dog?

I am definitely NOT for more rules and regulations, but after reading this story today, I am seriously thinking people might need to take a test (like for driving a car) before being allowed to own a dog. (Or perhaps take a test before having children in this case!) It really seems like common sense is not so... show more I am definitely NOT for more rules and regulations, but after reading this story today, I am seriously thinking people might need to take a test (like for driving a car) before being allowed to own a dog. (Or perhaps take a test before having children in this case!)

It really seems like common sense is not so common anymore.

Read the story below, and tell me, if you think testing dog owners might be something that needs to be done.

Obviously this is a huge parental fail both with the child and the dogs.
----------------------
Infant Was Attacked by a Pitt bull When He Was Left on the Floor
Friday 04-09-2010 2:51pm PT
A 6-month-old baby had his testicles chewed off by two large dogs while he was left strapped in his baby carrier alone in a California apartment, CBS2.com reported Thursday.

Carrie McKinney, 22, was visiting her boyfriend Doug Ritchey’s apartment and left her son in his car seat on the floor. After leaving the room, Ritchey’s two pit bulls tore through the baby’s diaper and chewed off his scrotum.

Police said the baby was taken to a local hospital and then to Loma Linda University Medical Center for surgery—but they were unsuccessful in trying to save his testicles.

McKinney could face charges of criminal neglect, and has lost custody of her son temporarily to Child Protective Services. Both pit bulls are scheduled to be euthanized.
Update: ADD Sorry for the repeat post- when I edit for some reason YA posts it before I am done! Launi- I got suspended for the following The question was about what to do with a biting teacup yorkie. I answered that when my teacups misbehave I put them in the dishwasher for a time out and if they are really bad I... show more ADD Sorry for the repeat post- when I edit for some reason YA posts it before I am done!

Launi- I got suspended for the following

The question was about what to do with a biting teacup yorkie.

I answered that when my teacups misbehave I put them in the dishwasher for a time out and if they are really bad I run the cycle.

Reason for suspension-promoting hate speach and hate groups

sigh
Update 2: the dishwasher comment of course was to be funny, as most everyone knows there is no such thing as a teacup dog.