What are some basic performance modifications to make to a 1986 Porsche 944 base coupe?

I am in the process of restoring a 1986 Porsche 944 base coupe. The original engine produced 150 bhp. There isn't enough room under the hood to put in a turbo charger without changing the actual hood (at least there doesn't appear to be enough room). I was thinking of making the following modifications... show more I am in the process of restoring a 1986 Porsche 944 base coupe. The original engine produced 150 bhp. There isn't enough room under the hood to put in a turbo charger without changing the actual hood (at least there doesn't appear to be enough room). I was thinking of making the following modifications to improve horsepower and torque.

1. Add a Bursch Tuned Exhaust System - Piping and Muffler is $295. I can also add headers for an additional cost. I could also add a catalytic replacement but that would limit my resale ability as it would violate emission standards in some states.
2. Add an after market cold air intake system (if I could find a kit). I haven't had a lot of success finding an after-markt cold air intake kit from K&N or Injen, etc. Also, is there enough room under the hood for it?
3. Add an ECU upgrade such as a chip from Autothority.

My goal is to increase horsepower from 150 bhp to 190 bhp or a 20% increase.

Recommendations? Suggestions? Open to ideas. Not looking to build a street racer. Just want to be able to beat a 2010 Honda Accord or Toyota Camry V6 off the line at a toll booth or stop light.

The original 86 944 base coupe hit 0-60 in about 8.3 to 9.0 seconds depending on what you believe. Will increasing horsepower allow a 10% reduction in time to sub 8 seconds?