Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 10 years ago

Having a 1970's party or IRS Party on April 15. Any ideas on food and decor for either or both?

I'm having a few friends over on April 15. I can't decide if I would prefer a 1970's theme or IRS Theme since it's April 15. Does anyone have any great ideas? Thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • ladydi
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Never heard of an IRS party...lol. Maybe blow up a huge pic of the Money Guy from the Monopoly game (with the $ sign and the black top hat?) and do the JAIL one, too.....have people buy food and drinks with play money. Hang long pants up with "empty pockets" turned inside out.

Hang up funny TAX QUOTES (make art drawings where you can for visual effect):

1. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.

-- Mark Twain

2. Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called a red flag. That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes. That's a red flag.

-- Jay Leno

3. It's income tax time again, Americans: time to gather up those receipts, get out those tax forms, sharpen up that pencil, and stab yourself in the aorta.

-- Dave Barry

4 The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.

-- Will Rogers

5. The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets.

-- Will Rogers

6. The taxpayer: that's someone who works for the federal government, but doesn't have to take a civil service examination.

-- Ronald Reagan

7. There may be liberty and justice for all, but there are tax breaks only for some.

-- Martin A. Sullivan

8. Isn't it appropriate that the month of the tax begins with April Fool's Day and ends with cries of 'May Day!’

-- Rob Knauerhase

9. The difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion is the thickness of a prison wall.

-- Denis Healey

10. When there's a single thief, it's robbery. When there are a thousand thieves, it's taxation.

-- Vanya Cohen

11. Few of us ever test our powers of deduction, except when filling out an income tax form.

-- Laurence J. Peter

12. I just filled out my income tax forms. Who says you can't get killed by a blank?

-- Milton Berle

13. If you are truly serious about preparing your child for the future, don't teach him to subtract - teach him to deduct.

-- Fran Lebowitz

14. The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return. It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale.

-- Arthur C. Clarke

AND FINALLY........:D

15. I can give you 1040 good reasons why I hate the government.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Hang a sign by the food area: POOR MAN'S FOOD TO RICH MAN'S DELICACY

here's a recipe for "Poor Man's Food":

Ingredients

1 (28 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes

* 1 (16 ounce) bag jumbo pasta shells

* 3 tablespoons garlic powder

* 1 tablespoon salt, to taste

* 1 tablespoon pepper, to taste

Directions

In a large pot boil water and pasta till al dente.

Add in the tomatoes, seasoning and cook till pasta is tender. and enjoy.

Additional: If adding meat brown in a skillet and add to pasta once tender.

• 3 years ago

April Party Ideas

• 4 years ago

Possibly a "wheel of fortune" themed similar to the mayan calendar? idfk xD

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

pintio chesese pickle hats

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.