Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What helicopter was used in the movie The Jackal?

When they were doing the huge flyover scene in The Jackal, there was a big gray helicopter that they were trying to shoot out of, but the men eventually just dropped out of it. Does anyone know what kind of helicopter this was? I think it said U.S. Army, but I"m not sure. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

It was a Sikorsky H-53E. It was being used as a transport when they were tracking down the Jackal. And yes it is an Army helicopter

His answer is correct, the helicopter shown is a 53E. His statement that it is an Army helicopter refers to the fact that in real-life, that helicopter model is owned and operated by the US Army. In the movie, it is portrayed as police-operated.

The Jackal has nothing to do with the army. I think you are mistaken