Inwe asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 1 decade ago

Are there any Train Rails across Canada and the US?

I was wondering if there was company that actually runned through both countries.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Many US-based railways operate in Canada, including BNSF Railway, CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific, St. Lawrence and Atlantic Railroad, and so on.

For passenger railroads, Amtrak also serves a few cities in Canada.

• 1 decade ago

Canadian National bought many US railroads including Illinois Central that links Chicago with New Orleans. CN now has a bit "T" shaped network linking the Pacific (Vancouver & Prince Rupert) and Atlantic (Halifax) oceans with the Gulf of Mexico at New Orleans, Mobile and elsewhere. It also have business deals with companies serving Mexico.

Many US railroads cross the Canada border, as well as CN's concurrent Canadian Pacific also has interests in US, but CN is probably the most "international" freight railroad.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm not sure, but I think it's Canadian National which operates some of the former Grand Trunk Western lines in Michigan and some of the surrounding states.

• 1 decade ago

Yes and go here to see all of them http://cddvddirectory.blogspot.com and you can even ride them for free by watching videos on those rails across canada and US. Let me know what you think and if it is helpful!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Both countries have an east-west network, as well as north south. You can pretty much get from any area to any other.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.