oliver c asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 10 years ago

should I start Jonathan Sanchez on Wednesday?

@the pirates

against Charlie Morton. Jonathan Sanchez seems to lack control and the Pirates have some firepower this year. Start or dont start. Roto league.

Favorite Answer

What are your options oliver?

The game is at San Fransisco. I am going to start him in my NL only roto league. Its a pitchers park vs the Pirates (firepower? McCutchen perhaps. G Jones is lefthanded. There isn't a lot to fear in the Pittsburgh lineup as compared to any other team in the NL) and Charlie Morton.

Feel free to start him if you don't have any other more viable options.

Definitely start him!!

the Pirates have a weak offense

he had a decent start his first time around against the Astros, but he would do better against the Astros

the Giants offense has been providing good run support to begin the season, the pirates pitcher isn't good, and even tho Sanchez has control issues he would get a win and would get you strikeouts

good luck!!

Seeing your roster and the categories your league counts would be helpful. The Pirates are one of the poorer offenses in the league and Sanchez is a decent strikeout pitcher. I always start any pitchers on my roster as anyone I don't feel is worth starting each game he plays I don't feel is worth keeping on my roster. With that said, assuming you don't have any better options available in free agency, I would start Sanchez.

yeah,absolutely start him....i wouldnt exactly say pitts. has "firepower".....they are a little stronger offensively,but Sanchez is gonna have a real nice yr. and SF actually looks like they've learned to hit a little.....

plus,Charlie Morton?.....i'd start damn near any SP against Charlie Morton.

Yes, the Pirates are terrible.