I was under the TPS and now?

I hate to say that i left the U.S. without getting approval, time was running out and I left to go to college and support a family member. I hate to say that I regret leaving and at the moment i did not think of the consequences, like another person told me "you have successfully deported yourself", and after living in the US for over 17 years of my life with half of it under the TPS. My question is what would i have to do to be able to go back? family members of mine have the Visa so i'm thinking of getting it, but i don't know if there's going to be a problem if I tell them I was under the TPS.

I would more than love to go back and visit friends. So I'm really looking forward to any help you can provide for me.

2 Answers

  • Fred S
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Someone in the U.S. needs to petition for you. The fact that you were in the U.S. under TPS for several years would not hurt your application in anyway. You probably will not qualify for a visitors visa for several more years, but you could try for an immigrant visa if you had someone who can petition for you.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.