Who sees the difference between watching standard definition channels & HD channels with Com cast HD service?

My mom says you are just paying Com cast a whole lot of extra money cause she told me,she doesn't see the difference between HD programs and regular programs.For example I can be watching(in the living room and yes I do have a TV in my room) a regular channel and then turn it on the HD channel for the same... show more My mom says you are just paying Com cast a whole lot of extra money cause she told me,she doesn't see the difference between HD programs and regular programs.For example I can be watching(in the living room and yes I do have a TV in my room) a regular channel and then turn it on the HD channel for the same channel and it looks exactly the same as the regular channel,I too myself see no difference.

we have 3 Com cast basic HD set top boxes and one Com cast HD DVR box(silver in color that says HDMI on the front) in the living room.