Kanye West doesn't play hip hop in his house?

I just heard a Jay-Z interview where he said that but I'm little surprised. anybody have any other details on that? why doesn't he play hip hop there?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YjCYXWFJtg

Youtube thumbnail

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He stated in an interview that he enjoys listening to Thom Yorke at his house instead of hip-hop. He is also a fan of Kings of Leon and the Killers, so I'm sure that he listens to them at his house too.

Source(s): Kanye's blog (circa 2007-2009)
  • 1 decade ago

Yeah, both Jay-Z and Kanye West are huge indie/rock fans and are inspired by them, or at least that's what they've said in interviews. Like dude mentioned above, do you bring work home?

I know Kanye's a fan of Grizzly Bear, The Killers, and Franz Ferdinand, because he noted them as being some of his favorite bands before.

Kanye is a fan of rap, too. He said Eminem, Jay-Z, Nas, Cam'Ron, Mase, Biggie, and Pac are his favorite emcees.

Also, Lupe Fiasco likes rock and electronic, as well. UNKLE and Thom Yorke/Radiohead are some of his favorites.

• 1 decade ago

There's nothing wrong for someone not to play hip-hop in their house. Kanye like different music and you can tell when you listen to his music.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He likes Kings of Leon? awesome.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Probably to get inspiration or to find some songs he would like to sample.

• 1 decade ago

yeah i heard he plays like rock and stuff.

idk maybe to get more creative ideas?

or maybe he just mainly likes rock? who knows?

• 1 decade ago

Maybe because he's open to other music genres

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you bring work home? I don't. Works for work homes for relaxing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who cares

• Wow???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.