Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Australian)Rugby League · 1 decade ago

Your NZ team for the ANZAC Test?

You cannot include Nathan Fien, Eddy Pettybourne or Taniela Tuiaki due to injury.

Update:

Lol Yeah you can count on Matai getting injured

Update 2:

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Manu Vatuvei

3. Junior Sau

4. Jerome Ropati

5. Sam Perrett

6. Benji Marshall c

7. James Maloney

8. Sam Ripira

9. Isaac Luke gk

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Zeb Taia

12. Bronson Harrison

13. Adam Blair vc

14. Simon Mannering

15. Frank Pritchard

16. Roy Asotai

17. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Ryan- What do ya reckon mate? lol Do my Knights have a place in your team?

Update 3:

I thought Maloney was a Kiwi lol I guess I'd put Foran at halfback then.

Update 4:

Lol Ryan cant you tell Im not good at making NZ sides mate. I think Ropati is good at international level, he's pretty strong and knows how to either find the line himself or set up his wingers. I'd have him in my team but thats just me. I think if Taia comes back and plays the same good footy as last year he should make the cut, I heard that Kearney has been keeping tabs on him so just depends on how well he returns. And as much as I hate him, Waera-Hargreaves was outstanding in the 4-Nations, if he plays anything like that for his first few games at the Roosters I couldnt see how he would miss out.

And I think NZ love the fact they are so big so thats why I have a beefed up bench. Mannering could be used to patch up the backline if there was an injury in it aswell as play in the backrow so I think he'd be more useful on the bench then a natural back who would have to play out of position if there were no injuries.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Manu Vatuvei

3. Steve Matai

4. Shaun Kenny Dowall

5. Jason Nightingale

6. Keiran Foran

7. Benji Marshall C

8. Sam Rapira

9. Isaac Luke GK

10.Fuifui Moimoi

11.Simon Mannering

12.Bronson Harrison

13.Jeremy Smith

14. Roy Asotasi VC

15. Adam Blair

16. Sam Perrett

17. Frank Pritchard

Did I forget anyone? Might be the strongest NZ team ever, if Fien were fit he would play 7 (Benji 6), Tuiaki would swap with Nightingale and Eddy wouldn't make my 17. When Matai gets injured early into the second half Mannering would move into the centres and Perrett stays as the bench utility.

@Knights10 - Whats yours?

@Red - Foran isn't a front rower. lol

Source(s): They were very close to making my team, especially Sau. NZ has plenty of backrowing options so Taia unlucky. I'm surprised you would even consider Ropati, makes far to many errors and not consistent enough. Waera-Hargreaves I didn't consider because he hasn't had a start yet. You don't have a back on the bench!
  • 1 decade ago

I reckon Ryan and Aiden got some realistic quality answers for sure but I'd like to see this team.

1. Lance Hohaia - too good, doesn't get intimidated by the opposition's star like figures like Hayne or Slater

2. Manu Vatuvei - The Beast is back on track to do some damage

3. Junior Sau - had to be selected after his 4-nations debut.

4. Iosia Soliola - Would pick him over Matai any day as his size and strength could be vital against a massive aussie backline and Matai is injury prone. If Super League players are available

5. Sam Perrett - A good, strong, reliable player who never lets the kiwis down

6. Kieren Foran - has been playing awesome for the sea eagles, he'd be even better with Benji

7. Benji Marshall (C) - Is finally playing good consistant footy, which is expected of a captain.

8. Sam Rapira - fit, strong and will always be accountable

9. Issac Luke - I know you don't like his personality but he's been great for the rabbitohs and always has the passion when putting on the black and white strip

10. Fuifui Moimoi - he'll do the damage if he's around the right players

11. Simon Mannering - a leader in his own right

12. Bronson Harrison - a workhorse and is always a standout for the raiders

13. Jeremy Smith (vc) - got the smarts but can also mongrel it up with the likes of Gallen/Watmough

14. Thomas Leuluai - has grown into a rep footy player. has fast become a kiwi asset

15. Lewis Brown - makes easy metres and looks to be a great kiwi backrower

16. Adam Blair - firepower from the bench

17. Frank-Paul Nuuasala - young talented forward who could be the future

18. Jason Nightingale - has proved why he deserves a permanent 1st grade spot

Players that are difinitely worth lookin at for the end of the year tests include: B. Goodwin, K. Locke, R. Asotasi, F. Pritchard, J. Waerea-Hargreaves, G. Eastwood, J. Ropati, R. Packer, J. Lima, Z. Taia, E. Pettybourne, A. Heremaia

• 1 decade ago

1. Sam Perrett

2. Manu Vatuvei

3. Junior Sau

4. Matai

5. Nightengale

6. Benji Marshall c

7. Keiran Foran

8. Sam Ripira

9. Isaac Luke gk

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Simon Mannering

12. Adam Blair

13. Jeremy Smith

14. Hohaia

15. Frank Pritchard

16. Roy Asotai

17. Bronson Harrison

Still have players to consider who may build towards this game, Goodwin, Zeb Taia, Ropati. I don't know how you can leave out Jeremy Smith though, this guy always plays gun for NZ, unless he is injured.

• Aiden
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Kevin Locke

3. Junior Sau

4. Shaun Kenney-Dowall

5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Benji Marshall

7. Keiran Foran

8. Fuifui Moimoi

9. Isaac Luke

10. Roy Asotasi

11. Bronson Harrison

12. Adam Blair

13. Jeremy Smith

14. Thomas Leuluai/Aaron Heramaia

15. Frank Prithcard

16. Sam Rapira

17. Frank Paul Nuuausala

I'd like to see Taia fully match fit first, if he hadn't had that shoulder injury last year, he would of been a shoo-in, to make the NZ side, same as Pettybourne. I think Taia plays this week, so hope he's back to his best sooner then later

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohia

2. Sam Perrett

3. Junior Sau

4. Jerome Ropati

5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Benji Marshall (c)

7. James Maloney

8. Adam Blair

9. Issac Luke (gk)

10. Roy Asotasi (vc)

11.Zeb Taia

12. Bronson Harrison

13. Jeremey Smith

14. Sam Rapira

15. Alex Glenn

16. Frank Paul Nuuausala

17. Frank Pritchard

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Can't wait for the first dose of Representative footy this year!! wow.

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Bryson Goodwin

3. Junior Sau

4. Jerome Ropati

5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Keiran Foran

7. Benji Marshall

8. Sam Rapira

9. Isaac Luke

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Simon Mannering

12. Frank Pritchard

13. Jeremy Smith

14. Roy Asotasi

15. Adam Blair

16. Jeff Lima

17. Sam Perrett

Something like that anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Sam Perret

3. Simon Mannering

4. Krisnan Inu

5. Manu Vatuvei

6. Benji Marshall

7. Kieran Foran

8. Roy Asotasi

9. Isaac Luke

10. Fuifui Moimoi

11. Adam Blair

12. Bronson Harrison

13. Frank Pritchard

14. Kevin Locke

15. Frank Paul Nuuasala

16. Russel Packer

17.Steve Matai

We have an awesome team this year and there are alot of quality footballers who missed out.

Source(s): Rough Guesstimation maybe a few players left out Also are the Goodwins Kiwis or Aussies?
  • 1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohaia

2. Sam Perrett

3. Junior Sau

4. Ropati/Matai (Toss of the coin really either is fine)

5. The Beast

6. Benji

7. Foran

8. Sam Rapira (playing way better than roy atm)

9. Isaac Luke

10. Fui Fui (Not playing his best at the moment but you cant not have him)

11. Frank Pritchard

12. Simon Mannering

13. Adam Blair (Again not playing his best, but hes vice so cant not have him)

14. Kevin Locke

15. Frank Pritchard

16. Lewis Brown (Make his debut, he is playing awesome atm and can play lots of positions)

17. Roy Asotasi

Heaps That could of made it though. NZ Is well stocked with lots of players who are capable to play for the kiwis. Russel Packer, Aaron Heremia are two from the warriors who could be bolters (most likely make training squad)

• 1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohia - is in great form for the Warriors can show up in the line on attack anywhere and cause havoc

2. Sam Perret- Perret gets in just over Locke for his experience Fast strong and has performed well for kiwis in the past.

3. Junior Sau- Solid powerfull was one of the better players last year for the kiwis.

4. Kenny Dowell- This boy deserves a shot Matai is too much a liabilty with his injurys and Ropati makes too many mistakes i think dowell will compliment our backline better than matai or ropati.

5. Manu Vatuvei- Best Winger in the World

6. Benji Marshall- The Key to our attack has been playing consistantly and has matured alot.

7. Keiran Foran- Has really started controling games for Manly and has a very strong running game and takes the ball to the line well.

8. Roy Asotasi- Big Hard and can be dangerous when he gets that offload working

9. Isaac Luke- Form nine of the competition needs to be on the paddock for 60 plus minutes and we are in with a big shot

10. Fuifui Moimoi- Damaging prop when he is on his game very dangerous frontrower.

11. Bronson Harrison- Big Fast Hard Strong Consistant

12. Simon Mannering- Workhorse can cover at centre aswell a real settler in an Xfactor riddled foward pack.

13 Adam Blair- Consistantly performs for the Kiwis great ball skills and a tireless worker.

Frank Pritchard- Big hard strong great offload he will be dangerous running outwide

Lewis Brown- The Bolter in the Pack he is on fire at the warriors turning into a real attacking Backrower with speed and skill

Sam Rapira- in great form hard str8 running player with great offload.

Kevin locke- Dangerous customer elusive ball runner with all the skills just makes my team ahead of Frank paul Nuasala to allow Hohia to slot into hooker or the halves if sum1 is injured.

• 1 decade ago

1. Lance Hohaia (C)

2. Bryson Goodwin (provided Manu isn't injured still I would put him back on the wing)

3. Jason Nightengale

4. Jerome Ropati (provided he is not injured)

5. Kevin Locke

6. Ben Roberts

7. Benji Marshall

8. Roy Asotasi (VC)

9. Aaron Heremaia

10. Jessie Royal?/ FuiFui MoiMoi

11 Adam Blair

12. Bronson Harrison

13. Simon Manning

14. Issac Luke

15. Jeff Lima

16. Sam Perrett

17. Junior Sau

I like the look of your team Knights..

EDIT: The Goodwins are Kiwi's matey!

EDIT>>>>> LOL Why not???? LOL fine I'll change him isnt he that other big guy on the manly side?? LOL Goh its my team I'll put him where I want thank you Ryan... Ahahahahaha I'll change it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.