Do you hate the beatles?

or think their overrated? if so, I wanna know why you think that. Personally I think their the best band ever. but i know some people that hate them. also I wanna know some band you think are better than the beatles

Favorite Answer

how can a band that accomplshed the following(see below)be called overrated:

the beatles inspired other artists and bands to write their own songs,they changed the artist/producer relationship in the studio,they changed the way music was made in the studio,they made an impact on pop culture that's being felt even as we speak,they made it fashionable for men to have long hair,they changed the way people perceive rock groups by not having the standard front man with backing group,they redefined what it meant to be an international celebrity,they inspired other musicians to use certain instruments and music companies to make instruments,they inspired other bands and artists to speak their minds about the relevant issues of the day,helped to change the perception of the rock album from being a collection of songs to a work of art,unofficially made english the language of rock and roll(thus inspiring many overseas musicians to learn english),lennon and mccartney were among the 1st songwriters to have a stake in the publishing of their songs,helped to inspire other rock groups to create their own record labels,they brought the music of india to the west by being the 1st western musical act to use indian instruments on their records,they were the ones who created music videos(though other artists like queen,MJ,and duran duran perfected the art form.they used the blueprints the beatles drew up!),one of the 1st acts to take a stand for civil rights

need i go on...

i think this quote from the compleat beatles says it better than i ever could:"it must be stoically accepted that the beatles were in the end a phenomenon of the 60's,the 70's and beyond were only to feel their influence."

it's been almost 50 years since the beatles came out and 40 years since they broke up and the beatles are still remembered,talked about,and still influencing artists to this day!

now to elaborate on how the beatles took a stand on civil rights:in september of 1964,the beatles were giving a concert in jacksonville,fl at the gator bowl,well word had gotten out to the beatles that the audience at the concert was going to be segregated,well the beatles and brian epstein sent a letter to the venue owners stating that if this was the case that they could have their money back and that the beatles would boycott the performance,of course racially seperating the audience was never planned,but it said a lot about the beatles to take such a stand!also on that same tour,at a stop in philadelphia,the beatles were dismayed to find the entire audience for that show(13,000)were all white!

if anyone is overrated it's the jonas brothers and all the other disney artists!

they needed a mouse to get famous for pete's sake!

also all the boy bands,teen pop acts,and teen idols are overrated as well because all they did was sell millions of dollars worth of merchandise,records,concert,and movie tickets and didn't make an impact outside of a commercial one!

I don't like their music; to be honest I just find it boring. And yes, I also think they're a bit overrated. However I definitely do NOT hate them!!! I respect them greatly and even though I don't like their music, I still think they're a wonderful band. If they had never existed, some of my favorite bands might never have existed either.

My favorite band is Hanson, and I would consider them better, but you must understand that that's just my opinion. Hanson are Beatles fans, so I'm sure they would disagree with me.

beatles for the win! and they shouldnt be hatin theyre amazing plus theyre def jealous bc the beatles made so many hits and people still sing their songs to today sooo no i dont hate the beatles they helped in so many ways haters stfu

oh and theyre overrated because theyre so good and people cant deal with their awesomeness

The Beatles are my favorite of all time. They set the stage and influenced all rock acts that followed. Their music is still relevant and popular today, and has stood the test of time. How many other rock acts have that kind of staying power? Some, but not many.

• blay

i like them,i have been a fan for approximately two decades now,due to the fact the ripe younger age of 14(my gosh has it been that lengthy!) my absolute favourite beatles track,you have got quite subsidized me right into a nook in this one,however my absolute favourite is nowhere guy bacuse that was once the primary track i used to be ready to quite determine with on an emotional stage.

They are like the most talented, experienced, classic band ever.

They CHANGED THE WORLD with their music. John Lennon and Paul McCartney were the greatest songwriters in the history of music.

No, I don't hate them. But there ARE better bands - in different ways.

No theyre legit. a little overrated but maybe its because i didnt grow up into the genration

i wanna reccommend to you My chemical romance. idk if theyre better, but theyre good