How many of you really actually think the confederate flag is a symbol of racism?

i just want to see how many people think this is a symbol of racism because it is not. you need a history lesson... a TRUE history lesson not this revised mess. The confederate flag is a symbol of the south's heritage and you may say that Abraham Lincoln was one of the best presidents. Well , if you knew the... show more i just want to see how many people think this is a symbol of racism because it is not. you need a history lesson... a TRUE history lesson not this revised mess. The confederate flag is a symbol of the south's heritage and you may say that Abraham Lincoln was one of the best presidents. Well , if you knew the true history of the south you would not think that any longer.
so what do you think??
Update: @ the south was not a strong supporter of it. do some research. awhile back they interviewed former slaves and they all admitted the union soldiers called them the "n" word and treated them badly and called them worthless. I am just defending the TRUE southern heritage.
Update 2: Okay look most of you think it is racist. and mr. i did a project a lincoln. i bet ya didnt get one bit of your info from the book "The True Abraham Lincoln" or any other true source thats why you think hes so great and i thank the two people who actually agree with me. and read this if you think its... show more Okay look most of you think it is racist. and mr. i did a project a lincoln. i bet ya didnt get one bit of your info from the book "The True Abraham Lincoln" or any other true source thats why you think hes so great and i thank the two people who actually agree with me.
and read this if you think its racist : http://www.pointsouth.com/csanet/confede...
Update 3: @Lee i will educate you . the civil war wasnt fought over slavery! Thats was part of it but everyone makes it sound like the whole thing was because of one thing SLAVERY. which is not true. just read this .http://www.pointsouth.com/csanet/confede...
15 answers 15