How can people in the WS call themselves "smart" when they continue misusing words? (more inside) + 2BQs?

A lot of people in the wrestling section believe that we are so educated on wrestling, that we are the true fans, that we're that much smarter. If that's true, how come people on here can't even use certain words correctly? The word I see used incorrectly the most is mark. It seems everywhere you... show more A lot of people in the wrestling section believe that we are so educated on wrestling, that we are the true fans, that we're that much smarter. If that's true, how come people on here can't even use certain words correctly?

The word I see used incorrectly the most is mark. It seems everywhere you look you'll see people trying to INSULT each other by calling them mark. MARK IS NOT AN INSULT. Everyone in the Wrestling Section IS a mark. A mark is a someone who watches/enjoys wrestling. That's it. Period. So why do people continually call each other marks, trying to insult them? It makes no sense! Call them a smark if you want to insult them, but not a mark, because a mark is just simply who watches wrestling.

Another thing I see is people misusing put over. Putting another wrestler over does NOT mean losing to them, it means making them look good in the match. People say wrestlers like Triple H, John Cena, etc never put anyone over but they do, when it's a back and forth match allowing the opponent to showcase their abilities, making the opponent look good.

There are a bunch of more words that are used incorrectly, like overrated, underrated, etc.

My question(s) are:

Did you know the meanings before reading this?
How can people call themselves true, educated wrestling fans, when they misuse these words?

Share your thoughts and opinions!

BQ: Are you getting tired of TNA fans calling WWE fans marks, and WWE fans calling TNA fans marks? It's annoying, and the "war" is useless. It's what made me post this question, because it was just so pointless.

BQ2: John Morrison vs Christian, who would win and why?

Star if you like!