Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Mitt Romney wins SRLC straw poll by one vote over Ron Paul, 439-438, is that an accurate representation of GOP?

of the GOP

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i heard that last romney vote was cast by someone by the name of "jive turkey" - he almost didn't submit it in time, the hoards of gop'ers were trying to run him out of the conference because he was wearing an "acorn" t-shirt.

come onnnnn - *one* vote? that's just too bizarre.

i don't think it's an accurate rep of the GOP *or* conservatism. i think it's an accurate representation of politics + media.

- i have a hard time believing we republicans are still blind enough to pick a guy like romney. thought we woke up already

Source(s): ..and yes, i did vote for romney back in the primaries.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Accurate representation of the GOP? Yes.

Accurate representation of conservatism? Not at all.

An accurate representation of conservatism would be Ron Paul taking nearly every vote.

• 1 decade ago

Romney won the 2008 GOP straw poll in Iowa. Didn't fair to well in the caucuses, where only registered residents could vote. . The only requirement for voting in that straw poll, was buying a fund raising ticket. So busing in people from surrounding states, buying them lunch and tickets, for his straw poll strategy, didn't work so well in the real voting.

• 1 decade ago

Not really, after all, we saw Ron Paul with a large following last election , but for some reason, despite all the internet appeal he had, his followers just weren't the types to actually get out and vote.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Romney would be an incredible candidate for Obama to run against. comments like not apprehensive with regards to the damaging, i like to hearth human beings, questions he refuses to respond to approximately his Cayman Island economic employer debts and the Swiss one, too. His years as a vulture capitalist at Bain. Refusal to launch better than his modern tax returns. Yep, he's an incredible occasion of the Republican occasion.

• 1 decade ago

Yup, the GOP is fractured and still prefers RINOs over Conservatives.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Those are activists, not regular voters who are scared to death of Ron Paul's libertarian ideas.

• John W
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Romeny is too liberal, Romneycare was a disaster

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, losers voting for other losers.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah... REALLY confused.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.