Tiffanii asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Weight problems or dieting tips?

Hey guys, it's me Tiffanii. I just want some dieting tips, because I recently started to gain weight, and I'm afraid to become fat! >< Please help! Is there anything I shouldn't eat or something?

@Cael: The link isn't working for me...

@Yuri: What about other fruits like oranges?

Favorite Answer

hi tif!

1. Eat less. More often. Rather than eating large meals, chop up your eating into smaller portions throughout the day. I found myself eating 3 meals most days and having a snack around 3pm as well as another in the evening. That was enough to keep me from feeling hungry while still eating less in total.

2. Don't eat right before going to bed. I've read this numerous times and don't get why it works, but it does. I set a limit of 3 hours. So I planned to go to bed at midnight, I wouldn't eat past 9pm.

3. Brush your teeth early. For whatever reason, I won't eat when my teeth still feel clean. By brushing them several hours before bed, it was easier to accomplish #2.

4. Kick the sugar habit. If you drink sugared soft drinks (I used to be a Mt. Dew and Coke fan), replace them either with their diet counterparts or water. This can make a very, very big difference.

5. Eat vegetables before the main course. Whenever possible, I'd make sure to have an ample serving of a vegetable (you get very few calories for the amount you eat) before eating the denser main course--often a meat or fish. You'll need less of the dense stuff to be happy.

6. Update your spreadsheet daily. Keeping a running count will help you ration out the rest of your daily calorie allowance, which we'll talk about tomorrow.

7. Get used to leftovers. When you eat out, expect to take some of your meal home. If you eat standard restaurant portions, you'll almost certainly overeat.

8. Shop with calories in mind. When you're at the grocery store, spends some extra time reading the labels and nutritional information. You'll probably end up changing your shopping habits along the way. You'd be surprised by the how widely the calorie counts in various granola bars varies, for example.

9. Slow down! When you eat fast, you end up ingesting more food before you body has a chance to figure out that it's satisfied (not full).

10. Drink more water during the day. This is fairly generic advice, but definitely seems to help.

11. Trick yourself with gum. Sometimes we eat out of habit or because it just feels good to get some flavor in your mouth and chew for a while. Find yourself some sugar-free chewing gum and use it when the urge strikes.

12. Reduce the amount of breads, chips, crackers, and salty snacks you eat. A lot of starchy and/or salty food make you want to eat and drink even more. This comes straight out of Atkins diet culture.

==FRUITS AND VEGGIES==

Super Fruits and Vegetables to Add to Your Diet

* Super Red: Pink grapefruit, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon

Lycopene shows promise in fighting lung and prostate cancers. Lycopene is actually more available after cooking or processing so don't ignore canned tomato paste!

* Super Purple: Concord grapes, blueberries and prunes

The anthocyanins that give these fruits their distinctive colors may help ward off heart disease by preventing clot formation. They may also help lower risk of cancer.

* Super Green: Spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, collard greens and bok choy

Lutein appears to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke as well as guard against age-related macular degeneration. Dark green leafy vegetables are usually high in folate, a B vitamin that shows promising results in preventing heart diseases. In addition, Sulforaphane, a photochemical present in cruciferous vegetables, was found to detoxify cancer-causing chemicals before they do damage the body.

* Super Orange: Carrots, mango, pumpkin and oranges

The beta carotenes in these orange super fruits and vegetables may prevent cancer, particularly of the lung, esophagus and stomach. They may also reduce risk of heart disease and improve immune function.

* Super White: Cauliflower, mushrooms, banana and onions

**TOP 10 DIET FOODS**

Since there's no space to put this info. im just going to give the website of this one.

http://www.dietnation.com/weight-loss/food-and-nut...

good luck!!!

I have posted one of my question before about SM auditions, and you have answered it. So i must assume you are trying to lose weight for the auditions also. I have a really great tip to lose weight fast.

Ok, just a little bit about my background. I used to have awful acne all over my face and some one told me that if I eat only apples and drink only water for 3 days straight my skin evenually will be clearer. And I did try that method. But the bad part was I didnt lose any bit of acne, instead I lost a lot of weight almost 6 pounds. So there you go, just eating apples and only drink water in 3 days. I absolutely believe you will lose weight for sure.

Source(s): My own experiences.

Your 15, your going through puberty. Your weight is going to be like a yo yo for the next couple of years. Don't worry about it. Just eat healthy, lots of fruits and vegetable. Do sports, which a great workout and fun too.

Hi!

I was bit chubby once, now successfully lost weight!

1. Exercise!

Remember to do warm ups if you don't want to get muscles!

Eg: Skipping, sit-ups, the one that you squat and stand up again, hula hoops, running

2. Eating!

-Dont eat when you are not hungry. If you are only a little hungry, chew on sth which will take a long time ti finish: chewing gum or drink water. Eat less carbo for dinner

Do not eat bananas-- they are high in carbo! Eat more apples

Always eat before 7pm.

3. Drinking

Don't drink sweet drinks or carbonated drinks. Always drink water. Drink at least 2l of water per day. this is also good for your skin.

If you can persist, I am sure you will slim down^^

Source(s): Own experience