how can i avoid being awkward or shy around the girl i like?

i recently told a girl i was interested, a tad too early so she said we should get to know each other. However, we always have awkward silent moments when we talk, how can this be avoided?

Find an interest of hers that really gets her talking. Once you've got that down, take the time to share what you like and find a common interest/hobby between the two of you. Sometimes a little awkwardness is sweet, and believe me, as a girl and an individual, I much prefer when men/guys make the first move. Give her some time, and it will all work out in the end. Also, maybe you could find an active thing to do while both of you are having fun and being together but not just sitting there twiddling your thumbs. Go to a movie, go on a hike, go skiing, swimming, or even funner, book a recreational horse back riding trail! How romantic! Have fun and good luck! :)

It's funny, I have the reverse question about the shy guy I like. I'm not sure what creates the static chemistry between people when they like each other. I used to be shy and had to get over it quickly because of a personal circumstance. I had to just take a deep breath, put it into my head that I would speak up, and just get over myself. While I'm still a little shy in specific situations, I'm not generally afraid to tell people how I feel, ask people for what I need, etc. unless I'm having questions/reservations about speaking to a person. That's more a matter of examining the big picture than it is about still being shy.

My point is that perhaps the shy awkward stuff is the testing phase. If you feel you're past the testing phase, just pull together a few ice breakers -- unusual phrases or questions designed to get her laughing so you two can bond, chat, etc. The aim is to get her to smile/laugh at you -- and when she does, to smile and maintain eye contact with her. In other words, take your deep breath and just jump in. The best that will come of it is love, the worst...experience. :-)

Source(s): Common sense and years of experience....

So if you like her and if she says first we need to know each other it gives a hint she's interested in you.

Whenever you are going to meet each other prepare yourself.

Depending upon your And her age take a topic to start.Well keep it just a different topic.

Like if you are a teenager start talking by talking about cartoons,chocolates.Well say "Hi" first.

Try to be her friend first then proceed further.

You are a boy don't be shy.Its the girl who needs to be shy.

Well these things happen a lot. Just get to know each other enough and eventually it will go away. Just think of something to bring up during those silences like memories you two have together.

Get together with a big group of people... kind of like a group date. It's a great way to get to know people without awkward moments.

Wear lots of deoderant because you will REALLY sweaating if you really really like her. And dont stuuder have your words planned out already. And what ever you do dont say something stupid. Compliment her on her shoes. Girls like that.

I'm like that too. Sometimes, I'm struggling with that. I need help too. It's hard though. I know this won't go forever for me though.

To be honest, you should be with someone who you really don't have many akward moments around. If you really like her, it will come naturally,so just be yourself.

talk bout stuff she likes and stuff u have in common. girls like when u talk bout them or ur interested when what they say or like.

good luck<3

practice speeches :)

helps a lot

answer mines? <3 :) http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlRHT...