becoming a freshman next year?

so i'm becoming a freshman next year(i know, give me a break), and i signed njrotc down, but no ones told mme what a day of the class is like (example, what is the daily routine in there) everyone ive asked just found another way to say its going to be fun, most of the time baffling me for the time being. so what is the daily routine in njrotc for a freshman?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Code of Federal Regulations states that JROTC is "designed for physically fit citizens attending participating schools."[34] In public schools, JROTC is usually an elective course with membership limited to US citizens and legal foreign nationals, those who will graduate with their 9th grade cohort, and have not experienced an out of school suspension during the preceding six-month period. Often, students who participate for one year receive credit in lieu of a physical education class. Students who excel in the first year of JROTC can apply for a second year. Most schools offer three to four years of JROTC training.

Boarding schools or (pre-college) military schools may offer JROTC programs, with some requiring participation as a condition for acceptance to the school. Public military schools mandate JROTC as a class for all grade levels, and have a curriculum that includes military history, military protocol, civics and physical fitness.[35] Chicago has six public military academies, more than any other city and one-third of all in the country.[35]

A Marine Corps JROTC unit in Hendersonville, Tennessee.

The JROTC program stresses military discipline,[36][37] with a curriculum that emphasizes study of military science and military history.[6] Cadets typically wear their uniforms once or twice a week, usually standing for inspection, with the exception being those cadets who attend a JROTC-based military academy. Their creed encourages conduct that brings credit to family, country, school and the corps of cadets, loyalty, citizenship and patriotism.[38] Many cadets participate in extracurricular activities such as drill, color guard, rocketry or orienteering. At least two-thirds of JROTC units offer rifle marksmanship programs, and most of these have rifle teams.[39] During the school year, there are regional competitions between JROTC units, with testing in all areas of military, naval and aerospace science. Some units organize special visits to US military bases during school breaks. There are also many summertime "leadership academies" for cadets hosted by various military installations.[40]

Cadets who maintain a certain grade point average may be eligible to participate in various honor societies. For example the Kitty Hawk Air Society is an Honor Society for the Air Force JROTC. Kitty Hawk Air Societies are usually divided up into chapters, each chapter being named after a famous Air Force related person or thing and based in a single AFJROTC unit. The purpose of KHAS is to further instill leadership and teamwork qualities in cadets. KHAS chapters usually take part in community service activities ranging from Adopt a Highway to American Cancer Society fund raising to tutoring other students within the unit and school.[citation needed]

Many units also host an annual military ball where cadets put on their best dress uniforms (see related article mess dress) and gather together for a formal dinner. Usually awards are presented, speeches are given, and in many respects the occasion is like a second "prom" for juniors and seniors; sophomores and freshmen are also allowed to attend the Military Ball. Female cadets are generally not required to wear the dress uniform for military ball, but some do so voluntarily.

Sometimes units also have a separate awards ceremony, which is attended by the instructors, guests, and parents. Fraternal organizations, such as the American Legion, often give out awards for military excellence, academics, and citizenship, in addition to the standard awards given by the JROTC program.

The year may be finished with a change of command ceremony, where the new unit commander, executive officer, and other unit officers are named and take command from the current officers. Mid-level officers are also named. Some units choose the next year's NCO and junior officer corps based on officer and NCO candidate schools, usually held immediately following the end of the school year.

There are other extracurricular activities that the JROTC's programs provide for their cadets, including trips to military installations, ROTC college programs, and other sites that give the cadets a look at the military community.

Successful completion of the program (usually 2–4 years of classes) can lead to advanced rank upon enlistment in the Armed Forces.[41][42] For example, upon completion of 4 years of Air Force JROTC, cadets may at their instructor's discretion enlist in the Air Force at the rank of Airman First Class (E-3). [7] However, JROTC participation incurs no obligation to join the military.[8]

• Login to reply the answers
  • Carmen
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Work up on your strength because running back requires strength and agility to get pass those linemens... practicing your stamina by running every morning and evening to work up your lungs and legs so you can run faster and keep a hold of your breath so when ever you are running your fastest you wont get tired as you usually do. Learn to juke people by tricking them by moving around and people get confuse and your on the way to the touchdown. Always keep aware of people and get ready to throw the ball to your other teammate when your in a tight situation. Hold the ball tightly when you play so that the ball don't fall off and fumbled. Do push up and sit ups everyday so you work up your muscles.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i am going to be a frosh, but earlier this year i went to this thing where seniors take 8th graders with them, so we had to like go through all the classes with them. so we got to see what high school is like and how it works.

1st period homeroom. 5 minute switch, be late or be in detention

2nd period class 5 min switch " "

3rd class " "

15 min break

4th class/lunch

5th class

6th class

tips my senior gave me

organize a schedule when you pick up your books to avoid detention for being late

keep all your papers, you get credit for them at the end of the semester

get involved (make friends before you are lost in the cafeteria)

dont jump around it annoys the seniors

be nice to the office ladies

keep organized

dont change yourself to be with somebody (ditch them, find someone else high schoool is big)

dont take latin it is boring

keep your homework in your book so when you swich classes and you forget your binder you still havet with you

good luck and pray that i survive

Source(s): my senior
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.