Ben asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

80's movie question: set in eastern europe - US gymnast competes in deadly obstacle course race. Any ideas?

It was on years ago late at night on TNT. The plot revolves around a US Gymnast who travels to some backward european country to compete in a race/obstacle course. He also wins over the heart of a young princess from the country. I was drifting in and out of consciousness during the movie so I don't know that many more details. I do know that the other participants in the race were trying to kill each other in order to win.

Favorite Answer

Gymkata (1985)

starring Kurt Thomas Tetchie Agbayani, Richard Norton, Edward Bell, Conan Lee

IMDb synopsis:

Johnathan Cabot is a champion gymnast (portrayed by real-life champion Kurt Thomas). In the tiny yet savage country of Parmistan, there is a perfect spot for a weapons site. For the United States to get the site, they must compete in the brutal "Game". The government calls on Cabot, the son of a former operative, to win. Cabot must combine his gymnastics skills of the West with fighting secrets of the East.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flieq60uPIg

Youtube thumbnail