promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Ben asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

80's movie question: set in eastern europe - US gymnast competes in deadly obstacle course race. Any ideas?

It was on years ago late at night on TNT. The plot revolves around a US Gymnast who travels to some backward european country to compete in a race/obstacle course. He also wins over the heart of a young princess from the country. I was drifting in and out of consciousness during the movie so I don't know that many more details. I do know that the other participants in the race were trying to kill each other in order to win.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Gymkata (1985)

starring Kurt Thomas Tetchie Agbayani, Richard Norton, Edward Bell, Conan Lee

IMDb synopsis:

Johnathan Cabot is a champion gymnast (portrayed by real-life champion Kurt Thomas). In the tiny yet savage country of Parmistan, there is a perfect spot for a weapons site. For the United States to get the site, they must compete in the brutal "Game". The government calls on Cabot, the son of a former operative, to win. Cabot must combine his gymnastics skills of the West with fighting secrets of the East.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flieq60uPIg

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.