Lv 5
Thing asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 10 years ago

Where can I buy a non-slip mat?

I need to buy a mat that I can put on top of a turntable and under my cake board so that the cake doesn't slide around while i'm decorating it. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and they didn't have any small ones. All of the ones they had were huge/long rolls (bathroom rug size at least). I only need a small one, maybe around 10 in diameter and I don't wanna buy the huge roll just to cut it for one or two pieces and waste the rest.

Does anyone know where I can find a small one? Or will a towel or something else work? I do not want to buy online as I will be needing it soon.

3 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer


    99 cent stores

  • M M T
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    My plastic cutting boards love to slide around on my counters. I stick one of those soft silicone jar gripper things under them and they stay put. I have also used a pot holder (doesn't do as well) or a damp microfiber cloth (works well). I have a large plastic pastry board that won't stay put unless I use the microfiber cloth.

    The link below is just to give you an idea of what you're looking for. Most of the ones I've seen are round and just a few dollars in a place like Walmart. I'd get a couple while you're at it and you can just toss them right in the sink for a quick wash up when you're done with them.

  • 10 years ago

    go to the store or to non-slipmats-r-us

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.