Do you think it's morally wrong to include adult situations (sex, language) in novels and books?

I know most Christians learn to brush it aside and ignore it, as they read along, but what do you think? Is it sometimes appropriate? Do you feel uneasy as you read through the "dirty" words and situations or is it just normal to you?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

I don't have any hang-ups about depictions of sex or profanity in any media. I'd also never describe words as 'dirty'. It's not a matter of it being 'normal', it's just the way that life is. I'd rather see an honest reflection of the world we live in than a censored version designed to keep the prudish happy. If people have a problem with strong language and sex then maybe they are best to stick to children's literature.

• 10 years ago

Have you actually read the Bible? It's quite adult, and obviously you don't get some of the euphemisms.

and if you find something offensive stop or don't read it!

everything in the world does not have to be suitable for a 12 year old.

no, I do not think it's wrong, It is a literary tool or style some authors do it well some do not.

I am and adult I have adult conversations, and adult situations in my life.

• 3 years ago

No that's not incorrect. The old concept that it replaced into incorrect for a christian replaced into because of fact of a misinterpretation of the sin of Onan. Onan replaced into meant to get his ineffective brother's spouse pregnant (which replaced into the custom then) and because he did not choose his brother's inheritance going to somebody else he spilled his seed on the floor particularly of into the spouse. From this it replaced into suggested that masturbation replaced into incorrect because of fact it replaced into dropping your seed. yet how can that be if God who created you made it so as which you've gotten moist targets and spill your seed on your mattress previous your administration? the only ingredient which may be suggested is that Jesus suggested in case you lusted after yet another female, then you extremely've already devoted adultery on your heart and maximum adult men while they masturbate have fantasies that could contain actual women/adult men they know and so this could be termed sinful. that's a controversy of your sense of right and incorrect, yet God designed you with the in-built instinct to locate masturbation via your self and there is not any direct scripture which forbids it.

• 10 years ago

No; if the readers are adults, then adult situations are appropriate. Sex is part of life, as is foul language; if you're going to write, you might as well write honestly.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Rae.
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Yes, all books should be for the ages of 8 and under and include mostly colorful pictures of rainbows and flowers and kittens.

...ok really, what kind of question is this?

• 10 years ago

Then the entire Song of Solomon should be censored from the Bible if that's the case.

• 10 years ago

Should we ban violence and death from books, too? How about drugs and crime? All these things are part of the reality of our world. Why should we pretend they don't exist?

• No, it's morally wrong to censor the written word.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Nope. It's good entertainment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.