? asked in SportsFootball (American) · 10 years ago

Will David Carr have the chance to start in SF?

Or is Alex Smith the guy for sure?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

Alex Smith is the undisputed starter at this time. However, Mike Singletary said that David Carr has the opportunity to push Smith hard in practice with the possibility to overtake him as the starter. I like the idea of the competition to make each other train and play harder.

Thumbs up to those who agree.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I watched most of carrs career w/ the texans & it was like he got worse & worse each season he never progressed. This wasn't all the olines fault either he would just hold to the ball forever or run to his right out of bounds for a half yard gain. Never looking down the field the guy lost it while in houston or he just can't play. Alex Smith isn't great but he is better than carr is was & will ever be.

• 10 years ago

I'm going to have to say, Smith, because he is young, Carr is old, but have experiences, Smith will learn from Carr.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

if david carr starts the 49ers will go 2 -14 so yeah cause if smith starts they will go 0-16

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Smith, Singletary likes him alot more than Carr, but They dont trust either 3 (includint Hill) to be THEIR guy

• 10 years ago

Carr still has a shot

• 10 years ago

they'll probably throw him in if Smith starts sucking, or just for a surprise like when Smith subbed in for Shaun Hill and produced great stats

• 10 years ago

no , and no . i think the 49ers will make a trade for jason cambell and he will beat out both of those guys .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.