Statute of Limitations on a Judgement in Wisconsin? Buying a house?

Hi there. My fiance and I would like to buy a house. I have a judgement on my record. We were told that this has to be paid before we can get approved for a home loan. I am not sure if statute of limitations is 7 or 10 years. I beleive that the judgement will come off of my credit report in 7 years. If the... show more Hi there. My fiance and I would like to buy a house. I have a judgement on my record. We were told that this has to be paid before we can get approved for a home loan.

I am not sure if statute of limitations is 7 or 10 years. I beleive that the judgement will come off of my credit report in 7 years.

If the judgement falls off of my credit report, do you think we could get approved for a home loan then?

The judgement was from 2004. I moved out of my parents house and got an apartment with a friend who couldn't come up wtih half of the rent. We were evicted and taken to court. That's the reason for the judgement. I am very responsible and always pay my bills on time. I just don't think that I should be responsible for this judgement becasue of my ex-roomate.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank You