LOST: The book...................?

I was thinking about how amazing it would have been if Lost had originally been a book series turned show? Think of all the things they are unable to cram into the show because of time, those things could be written in the book. Characters and details would be more developed and mysteries that might be left unsolved could be answered. Traditionally, books are turned into movies and the result is rarely satisfying to original fans of the book. Do you think it could be done in reverse and do you think a book series would butcher the show?

/////////////////////

lol, are you referring to Robinson Crusoe? It was published in the 1700s (I believe) so yes before my time, but not yours of course Smokey. I refuse to watch the HP movies. I watched the first one and the difference pissed me off so much that I decided not to watch the rest. But yeah something epic like the HP series. A book per season.

Hey Hopper, Yeah a spin off about the children would be awesome. They'll definitely do something though, it's just too huge of a franchise to end with the series. I did read online today that they are considering giving Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson a show Check this out .. http://www.tvovermind.com/lost/losts-oquinn-and-em... .....awesome right?

Favorite Answer

there was a book. a little before your time.

yea but seriously that would be cool & the book after the show would be better b/c whenever a movie leaves scenes out that the book had originally it ruins it for me. especially like in the Harry Potter movies. Lord of the rings did a great job including everything.

It would have been cool. There is a Lost Encyclopedia coming out in August 24th, supposedly with a foreword by Damon and Carlton.

And I don't know how true this is but I heard ABC wants to keep Lost going because it's so popular so they might do a mini-series on one character, or something like The Children Of Lost on the next generation or they might make a book or two on something like that, since they know how loyal the fans are they'll make money off it. But it's still in discussion. And it's all just rumour right now.

A book would have been awesome! But if they did one now i don't think it would be that great. I'm lost obsessed and i wouldn't want anyone messing around with the characters and their back stories. Also did you know lost was meant to be a film? I'm so glad it wasn't

awesome