Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What is the name of 80s Tv Movie about girl losing her virginity in station wagon?

I think she was around college age or wanting to lose her virginity because she was the only one in college who was a virgin. She lost it with a nice guy but then blew him off because she had used him just to get rid of her virginity. I play the U2 song "With out without you" when I think of the scene. She looks to the side when its happening, like she's trying to be done with it.

Favorite Answer

In this mindless movie aping the 1960 hit about teens out for sun, surf, and sex, the "boys" are at the beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- the destination of thousands of U.S. university students on their spring break and the destination of the four female protagonists here. After arriving, Jennie (Lisa Hartman) has to decide whether she really cares for Camden (Daniel McDonald), a nerdy musician, or the jock Scott (Russel Todd); Carole (Lorna Luft) has been unexpectedly followed to Lauderdale by a boyfriend; Sandra (Wendy Schaal) falls in love with a cop when she is arrested; and Laurie (Lynn-Holly Johnson) is simply out for a good time with anyone, or everyone. ~

Eleanor Mannikka, All Movie Guide

Full New York Times Review »

Movie Details

Title: Where the Boys Are '84

Running Time: 95 Minutes

Status: Released

Country: United States

Genre: Romance, Remake

What do these movies have in common: Risky Business, Zapped, Porky's, Say Anything, 16 Candles, Last American Virgin? (Umm, that last one should be the dead giveaway). They're all coming-of-age flicks, and the 80s were stocked with films on the topic.

Some handle the topic better than others. For having such a zinger for a name, Last American Virgin probably handles the topic of first sex more sensitively (even realistically) than its competitors. And raise your hand if you cried at the ending. Gary! Chin up, lad. Karen had freaky eyebrows anyway.

And strangely enough, several of the movies also dealt with teenage abortion (Last American Virgin and Fast Times at Ridgemont High, for starters.) Would Hollywood dare to add an abortion clinic scene to today's comedies? Nyet! (By the way -- both movies came out the same summer -- one reason you only hear the Fast Times hype.)

Other movies, especially Porky's, turned virginity into a 90-minute joke. Some, like Vision Quest and Say Anything, played up the romance and turned the heat down on the actual sex. (And at least two of the movies include the time-honored rite of passage involving a ruler and "size" over substance.)

We're tackling these movies on this week's Stuck in the 80s podcast, so get ready for more Sean Daly's sob stories about teenage angst. And if you're nice and leave us comments, we'll share some of horribly awkward stories of first love with the audience. In the meantime....

Our top 5 coming-of-age films in the 80s:

5. Porky's: "All I need is a watermelon and two jelly donuts!"

4. Can't Buy Me Love: "You have the nicest pair of rhododendrons in town!"

3. Vision Quest: "I'm just the victim of a screwed-up nitrogen imbalance. Plus, I think I've contracted priapism."

2. Fast Times at Ridgemont High: "Rat, if this girl can't smell your qualifications, then who needs her, right?"

1. Last American Virgin: "Come to me, my big burrito!"

What movies are we forgetting?

(By the way, if you're check out this blog for the first time ... welcome! Stuck in the 80s is updated daily. We also have a podcast on iTunes under the same name. And if you really want to go nuts today, read our recent post about why we don't want Madonna's tour coming to our home town! I guess maybe we really are Stuck in the 80s...)

sorry i don't know