promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Adam H
Lv 4
Adam H asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Of the 16 states that banned school segregation pre-Brown, 15 voted Obama. Coincidence?

Likewise, of the 17 states that MANDATED school racial segregation before Brown v. Board, 12 voted for McCain. Isn't it funny just how little 50 years changes the fundamental nature of places? But at least back then conservatives were open and honest about their racism and true backwards desires!!!

SOURCE:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Educational_sepa...

Update:

Yes it was nearly 60 years ago. Which makes it even more amazing just how little the culture in the "Red" states has shifted.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

The demographics tell the story.

Republicans never like talking about how post-Civil Rights, the Southern states went almost all Red.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Actually yes, all it is is a coincidence. Because if you go back 40 years you'll see that most of the south voted democrat. Now all the south votes republican. People's ideas change over time, that's all there is to it.

• 1 decade ago

so your going to hold us to mistakes that happened before most in here were even born,,good call doll,so whats your idea,what do you see now that's as bad as it was 50 yrs ago.which school is denying blacks entrance,which jobs are openly denying blacks jobs ,hmm can it be that maybe blacks are being denied the right to work and become rich?I,m not getting the point of your post.stop holding us back

black or white this rhetoric holds us back stop it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wasn't that like 50 years ago?

Back then, Texas was passing laws keeping blacks out of the voting booths and out of political races. The US Supreme Court even ordered them to reconstruct their political process to include blacks three times.

I think your comparison is a bit meaningless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's not surprising at all. Everybody knows this is civil war politics.

• Bethy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

wow nice correlation

I found one too,

If you took only those who make less then 20k dollars and counted their votes obama would have won every state except 2

So basically poor people love obama for his entitlement and free obama money

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

n-no! that doesn't matter, because the democrat party of the 1800s was racist!

that proves that everything the democrat party accomplished in the twentieth century doesn't matter and that republicans aren't racist.

Source(s): by the way, i'm being sarcastic and the guy below me is incorrect.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.