What would you guys call this? Relationship? Friendship? Complicated? 10 points to the best answer?

What would you guys call this? Relationship? Friendship? Complicated? 10 points to the best answer? Alright, LONG STORY. Well, there's this girl I like, and we share a lot of the same classes together in school (we both have like AP and Honors classes for every subject, and we're both A students_.... show more What would you guys call this? Relationship? Friendship? Complicated? 10 points to the best answer?
Alright, LONG STORY. Well, there's this girl I like, and we share a lot of the same classes together in school (we both have like AP and Honors classes for every subject, and we're both A students_. We're both sophomores in high school. She's really smart, and pretty. I look at her a lot from afar, and sometimes she looks back at me, and sometimes I catch her looking at me.

Before winter break, she sent me a snowman gram (anonymously) that had a Shakespeare quote about love written on it. When I asked her if she sent it, she denied it. I then gave her a note saying I was sorry if I came off as confrontational and thought it was nice of her to send me something (after winter break), and then she finally admitted to doing it. I then asked her what she was trying to do with it, and she said "[she] thought it would be funny to see [me] get riled up over it" and that it was "supposed to be a joke", so I said "so you were trying to make fun of me, then?", and she said "No! No, think of it as a compliment that somebody was thinking of you".

I then asked her later (different day), if she knew who left [item] on my desk. She told me who did it, so I asked him, and he denied it. So then I asked her if he did it while they were both standing next to each other. I found out she told me the truth, but she got really mad at me for asking her in front of him and putting her in a semi-awkward situation. To make up for that, I wrote her another note (much longer and much more thought out this time). She then came and talked to me about that note and she was pleased by it. She wasn't mad with me after that, and we chatted for a little while before we both realized that both of our rides were waiting on us.

Back around Valentine's Day, I sent her two valentine grams for V-day (they also came with a carnation flower). One I made obvious that it was me, and the other I wrote in a different writing style and marked it as from a secret admirer, with a Shakespeare quote about love written on it. She was sick most of that week, so the day they were distributed, she was swamped with make-up work. The following Monday (right after V-day), she came to me and said that she really liked them and that she wasn't expecting them. She said they really brightened up her day. She also told me that no other guy had told her that she was pretty before (I wrote that in one of the valentine grams) outside of her family. She sounded happy, and she was smiling when she talked to me.

Most recently, I managed to summon the testicular fortitude to actually start just talking to her regularly during lunch. We've been talking for about a month or something like that, and it's been pretty good. I'm sure she knows that I have feelings for her because of the V-day thing, but she's never told me exactly if she feels the same way. She has never tried to put me off or anything like that, so I don't think she feels like I'm bothering her. At this point, we both feel pretty comfortable with talking to each other, but we keep this confined to lunch time for the most part.

So, what would you guys call this? I don't think it's quite a relationship, nor a simple friendship. Is this what would be defined as "complicated"? Please help explain this to me. Also, what should I do at this point?

(And, if it's not too much trouble, if you liked my little story here, could you star the question? That'll help me get more answers and more opinions. Thanks!)