Math Help! Test Tomorrow!?

Please help me with these questions: 1. Marta and Laird hiked the Snowy Mt. Trail, hiking at 2.4 mph on the way up and at 3.6 mph on the same trial on the way down. The entire hike took 5 hours. What was the distance that they hiked? a-2.4 miles b-3.6 miles c-7.2 miles d-14.4 miles 2.It takes Mia twice the... show more Please help me with these questions:
1. Marta and Laird hiked the Snowy Mt. Trail, hiking at 2.4 mph on the way up and at 3.6 mph on the same trial on the way down. The entire hike took 5 hours. What was the distance that they hiked?
a-2.4 miles
b-3.6 miles
c-7.2 miles
d-14.4 miles

2.It takes Mia twice the time that it takes Kerry to trim some hedges. If together they can trim the hedges in 3 hours, how long would it take Kerry to trim the hedges by herself?
a-1.5 hours
b-3 hours
c-4.5 hours
d-6 hours

3.Stewart and Felicia rode their ATVs on her uncle's land. Felicia started out 15 minutes before Stewart, at and average speed of 24 miles per hour. Stewart averaged 30 miles per hour. How long did it take Stewart to catch up to Felicia?
a-0.25 hour
b-0.5 hour
c-1 hour
d-6 hours

Please show me step by step and not just say the answer. I need to know how you get the answer. I would really appreciate it. Thank You!
1 answer 1