Why do people still assert that America is a Christian Nation when...?

We have The 1st Amendment, The Treaty of Tripoli, Separation of Church and State, and Murray v. Curlett? -Murray v. Curlett (and Abington School District v. Schempp) was a United States Supreme Court case argued on February 27–28, 1963 and decided on June 17, 1963. In the case, the Court decided 8–1 in favor of... show more We have The 1st Amendment, The Treaty of Tripoli, Separation of Church and State, and Murray v. Curlett?

-Murray v. Curlett (and Abington School District v. Schempp) was a United States Supreme Court case argued on February 27–28, 1963 and decided on June 17, 1963. In the case, the Court decided 8–1 in favor of the respondent, Edward Schempp, and declared school-sponsored Bible reading in public schools in the United States to be unconstitutional.

-The Separation of Church and State, this self-explanatory idea held by Thomas Jefferson was agreed upon in decisions like...

-The 1st Amendment's Establishment Clause which reads:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

-And the lesser known Treaty of Tripoli, whose article 11 says:
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

The first line being very important

Anyway, obviously this question will not change anyone's views, but I would like to see how christians respond...
Update: Add: Sarah, I'll have you know I don't celebrate easter or christmas, and generally refuse gifts during either, as for valentine's day, I'm single so it barely matters to me. And just so you know, if YOU celebrate easter or christmas you are celebrating PAGAN holidays, way to be true to your religion! show more Add: Sarah, I'll have you know I don't celebrate easter or christmas, and generally refuse gifts during either, as for valentine's day, I'm single so it barely matters to me.
And just so you know, if YOU celebrate easter or christmas you are celebrating PAGAN holidays, way to be true to your religion!
Update 2: Add: Cadillac, it seems that the Mayflower Compact is only about the original settlements of America, and NOT about the formation of the united states of America. And while separation of church and state is not in any documents, I use that to show that not all of our fair founding fathers were attempting to create... show more Add: Cadillac, it seems that the Mayflower Compact is only about the original settlements of America, and NOT about the formation of the united states of America. And while separation of church and state is not in any documents, I use that to show that not all of our fair founding fathers were attempting to create a theocracy. However the court case that determined school-led bible reading and prayer were unconstitutional seems quite conclusive on our country's secular stance...
Update 3: Add: @Actions have consequences, although roughly 75-80% of this country is christian, I only want to assert that we are not lawfully a christian nation. And I like to address the Treaty of Tripoli, not because it is any form of US law, but because it states (and was agreed upon by our powers that be) that we were... show more Add: @Actions have consequences, although roughly 75-80% of this country is christian, I only want to assert that we are not lawfully a christian nation. And I like to address the Treaty of Tripoli, not because it is any form of US law, but because it states (and was agreed upon by our powers that be) that we were not formed as a christian nation.
Thank you for your feedback.
Update 4: Add: Chrispy, you can't take vague bible verses and pin them onto today's situations...And regardless, we are not really dissenting from god, only about 20% of us really are...so, fail
Update 5: Add: @Geeks,
Those are the same bible followers that killed neighboring towns' men, children, and non-virgin women because they needed more room...(read the bible)