anyone know how to remove a water meter lock?

they came and put a lock on my water meter it cover the the valve and locks on the side. the part that you unlock is on the lock bolt and it spins around so you cant get a good grip on it to break off

• Mark C
    Favorite Answer

The idea is not to remove it, you need a special tool, or a paid bill receipt

Water Meter Lock

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): remove water meter lock: https://tr.im/eoDXr

Instant? I beg to differ. My small town local water department shut me off even though the bill was paid. I took the cancelled check to the office and they called the bank. They cleared it all in about 2 hours and went in the computer to set someone to turn it back on. But then they told me it was too late in the say to schedule for that day so it would be yet another day before it was on. Someone finally came out and the lid was frozen so they had to get someone else there who wasn t available. 3 days...no water. And I paid the freaking bill.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/OFtgi

Yup it can if you have the right tools. Buy a grinder and a metal cutting wheel. However, be sure to have enough money in reserve for the hefty fine you will get as well as legal fees and bail for when you get arrested for grand theft and willful destruction of property owned by a public utility. Just saying

For all the people that are putting out the stupid yet obvious responses like pay your bill, please stop. Ofcourse they know to pay their bill, but they don't have the money apparently! Don't waste your time posting the lame answers. The question is, "How to unlock your water meter until you are able to pay the bill?" Everyone runs into hard times every now and then. I am pretty sure they are aware of the consequences if caught. I am so sick of seeing the ridiculous anal posts saying "pay your bill!" Stop and give a real answer if you know how to unlock the meter. If not, hush that hole in your face!

Source(s): uense

If this is the case again or for others, try calling the water company and asking if they have an assistance programs. They will not tell you about them until you ask.

good luck we all have hard times

• joea

its against the law to remove and or cut a meter lock off. i wouldnt recommend tampering with this, await reconnection of service from your utility company -otherwise, use your imagination

Source(s): gas utility serviceman - master plumber

Yea the fat part of the bolt that spins around.....you need some thing round thin edges and hollow in the center...then you stick it in the end of the part that spins and pop it off

Let thm remove it on their terms, that is the only legal and proper way.