In your opinion what is the best 4 door mid size sedan on the market today?

In the mists of packing for a move half-way across the country in less than 2 weeks we must replace a car that we loving have driven to it's grave.

LOL!

Which models would you begin looking at.

Time is of the essence since I have little time left, am up to my neck in boxes & things to do, & certainly have misplaced my mind somewhere already.

(I wonder if it could be in one of those boxes?)

LOL!

Thanks for answering!

Many Blessings!

• Favorite Answer

My feelings are very similar with those of Popular Mechanics http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_car... Four-Door Faceoff: PM's Midsize Sedan Comparison Test; the Mazda6.

It’s rare when exceptional cars remain largely undiscovered. But that’s the case with the Mazda. And it’s astonishing considering that this may be the best all-around sedan.This is a sporty machine, with light, direct steering and a chassis that always feels planted. The responses are fluid, and the Mazda is eager to fly through curves. It’s clear this sedan spent many development miles clipping apexes. But unlike some, there’s no price to pay for its lively, fun-to-drive spirit. The Mazda has a resilient ride that absorbs bumps with muted thumps. Mazda got the details right: The shifter glides through its detents, just like one on a Mercedes-Benz. And when revved hard, the engine sounds expensive. The only downside to this powertrain was the unimpressive fuel economy. The interior is one of the quietest here, and only NBA-size passengers would need more legroom. This car is a good deal too.

A loaded Grand Touring model can be had for about $27,000. The Mazda6 proves that midsize sedans don’t have to be the automotive equivalent of Ambien.

ME!

The Altima was the quickest to 60 mph (7.72 seconds) and returned the best fuel economy (32.4 mpg).

Ford Fusion

The Ford Fusion, recently refreshed for 2010, shares its platform and engine with the Mazda6. Another critical difference: fuel economy. The Ford’s six-speed automatic (Mazda offers five speeds) helped it to top the Mazda by more than 3 mpg in our testing. However, shifting that six-speed manually is akin to operating a three-speed automatic from the 1970s. Your only choice is a D or L position on the shifter. Does the L stand for Lame?

The new Fusion is a tremendous value. Yet there’s blandness to this car. It’s almost like a generic version of the Mazda. The Fusion lineup, however, includes a hybrid version that Mazda doesn’t offer. While hybrids are not in the scope of this test, the gas–electric Fusion is noteworthy among its peers and deserves a mention. It transparently delivers nearly 40 mpg in everyday driving and, like the rest of the lineup, favors comfort, ride quality and efficiency.

********************************

My Popular Mechanics site seems to be not working for the moment... so, here's another;

Five Best 2010 Four Cylinder Midsize Sedans http://www.familycarguide.com/blog/1034320_five-be...

Nissan Altima

(23 city/31 highway)The Altima has always been the prettier sister when compared to the awkward looking Toyota Camry. Lets just say the Altima is the Marcia Brady while the Camry is more like Jan Brady. But isnt it always the pretty ones that are flawed? Not really. The Altima was just named the number one midsize sedan in a quality survey done by J.D. Power and Associates. Poor Jan. Everywhere she turns its always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Ford Fusion

(23 city/34 highway)Like the homely girl-next door type from a Hollywood movie, the Ford Fusion really didnt turn a lot of heads or get much attention when it was originally launched. But just like when the girl next door in that Hollywood movie finally takes her glasses off (in Los Angeles all homely people wear glasses, apparently) it seems that everyone is now finally starting to notice the Ford Fusion.

Mazda 6

(20 city/29 highway)While the insane looking flared front wheel arches on this new Mazda midsize sedan do take a little bit of getting used to, any new owner of a 2009 Mazda6 can take heart knowing their car comes standard with zoom-zoom. And what is zoom-zoom? Well, it is two things really. First off, it is a marketing campaign slogan for Mazda Motors. And second? Its the annoying phrase you can you can repeat over and over again while driving your new 6 that will surely cause your friends and family to plot your untimely death.

Honda Accord

(21 city/30 highway)To many peoples eyes this latest edition of the Accord is possibly the ugliest version ever. But that doesnt mean all that much when its a Honda. Honda cars arent about sexy styling so much as perfectionism in engineering and on that count the Accord never disappoints. Its 190 horsepower 4 cylinder is sewing-machine smooth and even if you dont like the way it looks on the outside you can take heart knowing that your Accord will still retain a lot of its value come resale time.

Hyundai Sonata

(22 city/32 highway)Why is it that Hyundai seems to be making some of the most coherent exterior design statements on the market nowadays? This is, of course, despite their occasional struggles with being blatant stylistic copy cats. Ah-hem. I am talking about you Mr. Hyundai Genesis Sedanyou owe an apology to Lexus, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti and pretty much every car that has ever come with a leather interior. That car copies so many other vehicles it practically creates an entirely new stylistic genre.

******************************************************

It's probably just an urban legend, but it sure makes a gret story!

"Moving Day"

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things.

On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay.

When she had finished, she went into each and every room and deposited a few half-eaten shrimp shells, dipped in caviar, into the hollow of the curtain rods. She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything; cleaning and mopping and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, and carpets were steam cleaned. Air fresheners were hung everywhere.

Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting.

Nothing worked. People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit.

Finally, the couple could not take the stench any longer and decided to move.

A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and eventually, even the local realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man, and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely, and said that she missed her old home terribly, and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back.

Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth...But only if she were to sign the papers that very day. She agreed, and within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his new girlfriend stood smirking as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home, including the curtain rods.

I JUST LOVE A STORY WITH A HAPPY ENDING, DON'T YOU?

******************************************

Jokes & Humor: Bumper Stickers For Women!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/134673/

SO MANY MEN, SO FEW WHO CAN AFFORD ME.

GOD MADE US SISTERS, PROZAC MADE US FRIENDS.

COFFEE,CHOCOLATE, MEN ... SOME THINGS ARE JUST BETTER RICH.

DON'T TREAT ME ANY DIFFERENTLY THAN YOU WOULD THE QUEEN.

I'M OUT OF ESTROGEN AND I HAVE A GUN.

WARNING: I HAVE AN ATTITUDE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

OF COURSE I DON'T LOOK BUSY...I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME.

IF YOU WANT BREAKFAST IN BED, SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN.

ALL STRESSED OUT AND NO ONE TO CHOKE.

I CAN BE ONE OF THOSE BAD THINGS THAT HAPPENS TO BAD PEOPLE.

HOW CAN I MISS YOU IF YOU WON'T GO AWAY?

DON'T UPSET ME! I'M RUNNING OUT OF PLACES TO HIDE THE BODIES.

And my favorite!!!!

DO NOT START WITH ME. YOU WILL NOT WIN.

.

Source(s): Bear Jokes from the Alaska Moving Specialists http://www.continentalvan.com/alaska-bear-jokes.cf... Car Humor & Jokes Page http://www.carbuyingtips.com/humor.htm .

Best 4 Door Sedan

Best Midsized Sedan

Here are some good cars to start with - Ford Fusion, Chevy Malibu, Subaru Legacy, Honda Accord, Hyundai Sonata, Buick LaCrosse. Good luck

• KitKat

Here are my favorites, already looked at and driven - and my brother (another car buff - we grew up here in the metro Detroit area) agrees. Hope your move goes smoothly, and have fun car shopping!

After shopping around (for fun) I would take either of these mid-sized cars home with me.

Chevy Impala or the smaller Malibu

Ford Taurus

Buick Lacrosse

= )

• C63AMG

BMW M5..the best 4 door car money can buy on the face of the Earth.

Else....Honda Accord&Hyundai Sontana is also a better choice

• Robert6 years agoReport

No, the Fusion Sport is the best sedan you can buy on earth dumb ******* ***

• Emily

Chevy Malibu.

Source(s): I have one, and I love it. :D

Ford Fusion.

Nissan Altima or Toyota Camry. Both are good investments.

• Robert6 years agoReport

TOYOTA IS SO UGLY AND LAME AND SLOW! FUSION SEL V6 SPORT V6

I like your humor! I seem to misplace my brain now and then. I was going to answer, "We like our little Ford Fusion" but I see someone already answered the same answer.

Honda Civic or Accord =]

• Robert6 years agoReport

HONDA SUCKS! FORD KICKS BUTT!