Has Anyone had Dating Site Success?

I have recently discovered Craigslist( well I knew about the site, just never used it). I'm hooked. I check the personals listing everyday, I love to write people and Ive posted one of my own recently. Has anyone actually had dating site success? Do you feel as though there is a taboo with meeting someone online?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

well in my area CL is just for people who want to mess around not really looking to start dating or a relationship. Most of them want friends with benefits.

I tried yahoo's dating site and it really was a waste of my money. nothing came out of it.

pleantyoffish.com or pof.com is free! And I did talk to several and you know what? I have a success story for POF. We've been together for four months, we're in love and are starting to think about wedding bells.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think there is as much of a taboo about dating sites in general as there used to be. I met my partner on a personal site and we're been happily together for the better part of a year and a half.

That being said, shoot for a better site. Craigslist is kind of the bottom of the barrel. It's more of a hookup site than a dating site.

• Joanne
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I know a few that have had success. They researched the site first and got information on the different dating sites. some sites have more certain policies to prove your identity, and some have serious daters and others looking for other activities. Read reviews. Site below got some simple demographics on users and other site information.

• 1 decade ago

There once was a taboo that has clearly diminished considering how much social networking we do now. Now its not uncommon to meet a new person online. My recent boyfriend, i met online and we've been talking ever sense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've met loads of people on ozadz.com and no I don't think it's a taboo to meet people online. This is 2010!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I met my wife on Yahoo personals back when it was still free. Been together for 10 years now and it's only getting better.

• 1 decade ago

i don't feel like there are any taboos or anything but i've never bothered with online dating, just not my thing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.