Is it true that some foods have cold and some have hot properties like ancient Indian Ayurveda believes?

Is there any truth in the belief that foods have cold or hot properties that affect our body (system) accordingly? This concept is widely used in Indian Ayurveda system. As a child growing in India I have seen this concept used in everyday life. We used to eat certain foods in certain seasons etc. I see evidence... show more Is there any truth in the belief that foods have cold or hot properties that affect our body (system) accordingly? This concept is widely used in Indian Ayurveda system.
As a child growing in India I have seen this concept used in everyday life. We used to eat certain foods in certain seasons etc. I see evidence of the same being used in one way or another in Western countries also, but it has no scientific acknowledgment. Would like to understand if there is any substance to this concept or it's just a myth.