honestly, where is the emission wiring harnessconnector on 97 nissan maxima?

need to fix or replace. i need inspection sticker! and my engine light is on. code p0325. help me or please shoot me!

Best Answer

Knock sensor will not set a check engine light so there is something else causing the car not to pass emissions testing. Texas state inspection will allow your car to pass emissions on the rollers (simulated road) normally used for pre 1996 cars. Knock sensors get old and loose connecton (open circuit). A mechanic with a good 12mm wobble socket and extension can change out the knock sensor with out taking off the intake manifold.

Source(s): Nissan Master Tech

Sounds to me like its the accessory belt. It will squeal more when its under load which happens when you run a lot of stuff at once. Take it to a mechanic. It should be a cheap repair and if you get it changed now you'll save yourself some headaches because eventually the worn out rubber break will break. If you've never replaced this belt before your overdo anyway.

its your knock sensor going out is it missfiring then the plugs are bad. ive also heard if running low octane gas will trip the ses www.motorvate.ca/auto/maxima/knock/knock_sensor.htm