? asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Beer Pong Table Designing Ideas?

A few friends and I are planning on putting together a beer pong table this summer. Anyone ever done this before? What should we use for the table top that is sturdy and not too expensive that will not stain that bad when beer is spilt on it, plexiglass or something like that possibly. Also, how is the correct way to put on the legs? Any ways to support it better? I have heard of automatic ball washers, how would these be put together? I think that it has somethin to do with a fish filter or somethin like that. Fyi, none of us really know much about electrical at all, so if there is an item that we could just buy and bolt it on the table, that would be great. And of course, if anyone has any cool ideas for designs on the table or neat things to add to it, please let me know. thanks.

Favorite Answer

I don't have an idea for an automatic ball washer but something I did was put holes in the 4 corners big enough for a beer pong cup to fit without falling through, that way it doesn't spill. I also put enough holes for the 10 game cups as well (5 above each H2O cup). It keeps people from stacking as well as not falling all over as well. Hope this helped!

If you want to make your own table you could use folding table legs, these can be found at a hardware store. Use MDF medium density fiberboard for the top. Put your favorite beer logo on it or a collage of beer logos on it, and a multi layer of polyurethane to seal.

i don't know me and my friends usually just use a pool table or a ping pong table

a sh*t load of bottle caps and a plexiglass on top