Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Non muslims............?

Why do u find muslim women who cover oppressed?

would u not prefer ur wife 4 ur eyes only or do u like perverts drooling on her?

2nd Q for muslims

-----------------------------

is havin a beard as important as wearing hijab?

why/why not...

Favorite Answer

"Why do u find muslim women who cover oppressed"

Because they are forced to cover up. In countries which apply shariah law, this is enforced by the religious police. I have had the misfortune of seeing these brutes hit a woman because some of her hair poked out of her hijab while her husband stood by and could not do a single thing.

"would u not prefer ur wife 4 ur eyes only or do u like perverts drooling on her"

Couple of points. What I like or don't like should not even enter the matter, she should be free to choose to wear what she wants. I do not own her, she is not an item that is for my viewing pleasure only.

Second, believe it or not, not everyone is obsessed with sex. I see women who aren't covered in a hijab everyday and I haven't ever drooled on them. Know why? Because I haven't been brought up to consider women sex objects that should be covered up for the sexual enjoyment of their husbands like they teach you in Islam.

Finally, oppression of women in Islam goes way beyond the veil. It includes discrimination in inheritance law, personal freedoms, marriage laws, child custody laws, equality before the law, etc.

Source(s): I have studied Islam in depth.
  • Bonnie

I am a born again Christian and this is not a black or white answer. Because I know of many Christians that cover themselves. I don't know them personally but I have seen them. I have had many Muslim women say that they want to cover themselves. So I don't see anything wrong with that. It is when women are beaten or forced to by law that the oppression comes in. In some Islamic countries women are beaten just for their hair showing. Don't you think that is horrible? When I see a woman covered in a hijab I don't think anything of it because I don't judge people but if I were to see a woman being forced to wear one I would not agree with that. The second question I can't answer because I am not Muslim and am a woman.

Source(s): facts and my opinion about the facts

Muslims cover women to prevent them being sexual objects. But the very covering draws attention to the fact of their sexuality, so that type of covering does not help. What it does do is eliminate their personality, their identity as individual persons. It makes one woman look exactly the same as another, and does not help to overcome the sexualization of the woman. A covering that allows the face to be seen would be different, and a matter of discernment.

I'm not a muslim, but I have a beard.

My stance is that if women REALLY want to cover themselves then they should have the right to, but they should also have the right to not cover themselves. Also what does it matter if people are drooling all over her, (which I don't assume people are, anyway) I don't own her body. It is not my call to be the only man that looks at her. As long as I'm the only man she shares her emotions and love with, then I'm fine. Otherwise, I have no grounds to say that a woman is mine and no one else can see her, no more than she would have claim over my body. So if you want women to cover themselves, then men should also to prevent wandering woman's eyes...

If that is the true reason behind covering women as opposed to oppressing them, then why don't Muslim men also cover themselves? It would prevent "perverts drooling on them" as well.

Assalamualaikum.....

nice too meet you all bro and sis....

I'm supposed to answer the 2nd Q then?? (am I permitted to answer the 1st Q?? you should already knew what I'll say though....)

ok 2nd Q.....

having beard..... umm.... I dont really know, but I think its not as Important as wearing Hijab (Jilbab), because mens Aurath are from belly-button to knees.... so it has nothing to do with covering your Aurath,, but its believed that the Prophet SAW (PBUH) has beard, so just follow him.... though its an optional/ or only an advice....... so its safe to say its OK not to have beard.....

I think.....

Wassalam.....

As salam mu alaikkum sister "muslimah". the following is a poem for you and all the different believing females... What do you spot once you seem at me? Do you spot someone restricted, or someone loose All some human beings can do is purely seem and stare because they could't see my hair Others imagine i'm managed and uneducated they imagine that i'm restricted and un-liberated they're so grateful that they don't seem me because they could decide on to proceed to be 'loose' nicely loose isn't precisely the be conscious i'd've used Describing females who're cheated on and abused they imagine that i do no longer have evaluations or voice they imagine that being hooded isn't my determination they imagine that the hood makes me seem caged That my husband or dad are completely outraged All they could do is seem at me in worry And in my eye there's a tear no longer because I quite were stared at or made relaxing of yet because everyone is ignoring the single up above on the day of judgment they are going to be the fools because they were too ashamed to play by making use of their own regulations possibly the boys gained't imagine i'm a cutie yet a minimum of i'm crammed with extra inner elegance See I quite have declined from being a guy's toy because I gained't let myself be managed by making use of a boy authentic men are waiting to get excitement from my ideas and are not busy searching at my in the back of Hooded women are those extremely helping the Muslim reason The position that we play truly merits applause i'd be recognized because i'm wise and shiny and because some everyone is inspired by making use of my sight The wise ones are attracted by making use of my tranquility contained in the decrease back of their ideas they want they were me we've the capacity to do what we anticipate of is ideal no matter if it potential putting up a existence lengthy wrestle you spot we are no longer managed by making use of a mini skirt and tight blouse we are given basically know, and by no potential dealt with like airborne dirt and dust so that you spot, we are those that are loose and liberated we are no longer those that are sexually terrorized and violated we are those that are loose and organic we are freed from STD's that don't have any remedy So at the same time as human beings ask you strategies you sense about the hood purely sum it up by making use of putting forward, 'toddler its all reliable!'

I am your typical white american that was raised to believe arab men mistreated their wives. Four years ago I met my now best friend. She wears hijab and is happy that she does. Prior to being married, she did not cover. Her husband asked (not forced) her to cover and she gladly did. She was now a married woman and should be there for her husband, no one else. Her husband is a wonderful man and provides everything for her. She is able to stay at home and raise their children. She has completely opened by eyes to another culture. I'm sure there are very strict muslim men that may mistreat their women, but there are Christian men that do the same!! I have since married a Muslim man myself. He never forced me to convert to Islam and we get along just fine.

I live in Dearborn, Michigan, the city with the largest Arab population outside of the Middle East. I can't believe so many people go their entire lives thinking these women are oppressed. They are happy with their husbands and religions. Don't feel sorry for them!

I love having other men drool over my wife to be quite honest, it take it as a complement. I would never want her to cover up she is freaking gorgeous.

I would only say they are oppressed if they are forced by some one to cover up and as far as I know many are

My wife dresses like a normal human being i means does a t-shirt and jeans get you off are something and i m not married to a ghost people are meant to be seen not covered in sheets and i don't own here.