Russians: What do you think is the best way out for Russia and Chechnya?

I've been following last week's Moskva Metro bombings thoroughly. By a way out, I mean a peaceful and nonviolent way. Would you agree if President Medvedev and P.M Putin were to allow Chechnya to break off from Russia to create their own republic? Or continue to hunt down the Chechen militants and... show more I've been following last week's Moskva Metro bombings thoroughly.

By a way out, I mean a peaceful and nonviolent way. Would you agree if President Medvedev and P.M Putin were to allow Chechnya to break off from Russia to create their own republic? Or continue to hunt down the Chechen militants and eradicate them causing further misery and calls for revenge among the Chechen population, therefore never ending the cycle of revenging and avenging, blood, violence, and misery.
What do you think?
I'm of Russian descent and I think the solution is an independent Chechnya, Dagestan, Ingushetia, Kabardino Baalkaria and so forth...
What are your viewpoints on this?