How much do bouquets typically cost?

My fiance and I are getting married in July of next year and I'm trying to make some decisions about bouquets. I'm unsure of whether I want real flowers or silk flowers in the bouquets and my main concern is cost. How much do florists typically charge for the bridal bouquet and 4 or 5 bridesmaid bouquets? I would opt for something simple and small with only a few large flowers and some filler.

Favorite Answer

It depends on if your flowers are in season or not that will drastically affect the rate. My bouquet has Calla Lillies (expensive) and Dahlias. It's running me 100. My bridesmaid is black magic roses and sunflowers (in season). I went to a bridal show and got a coupon so I would keep my eyes out for that. Total for my bouquet and my 4 bridesmaids 280. Also look for a florist who may not have had a lot of exposure. They want to get there name out and normally do a very good job but at a better price.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How much do bouquets typically cost?

My fiance and I are getting married in July of next year and I'm trying to make some decisions about bouquets. I'm unsure of whether I want real flowers or silk flowers in the bouquets and my main concern is cost. How much do florists typically charge for the bridal bouquet and 4 or 5...

Source(s): bouquets typically cost: https://shortly.im/isWQ4
  • Gail

You can have a beautiful ceremony, reception and honeymoon for $3,000-$5.000 but the average cost is $25,000 to $30,000. I always tell my brides if they also are looking to buy a house at the same time your trying to plan a wedding it will not work. You either do one or the other, not both at the same time. If you want to plan yourself that's fine but a planner can and will save you more money than you think. Everyone thinks planners are expensive and can not be in the budget but the opposite is true. That is if you interview planners and don't just pick the first one you find. True, there are some planners that charge a lot and there are those who say they have experience and then you find out at your wedding they don't. When you think about a planner, they should save you time, stress and headaches along with money. A good planner will also recommend vendors that will fit your personality and style instead of the most expensive because they know you will go over your budget anyway. Now I am not trying to offend any planners,consultants,coordinators,venue planners or their managers who might be here along with myself on Yahoo Answers. If you've been in the business vendors and venues alike know what I am talking about. Brides really do need to see the real picture of the industry and how they can really save time, headaches and money along the way. The easiest way to keep costs down is to make a realistic budget, write down your needs and then fill in with wants, remember to have deposits as part of your budget and please think about when you go dress shopping that your not wearing the designer label down the aisle, its the dress your guests will see and how beautiful you are as a glowing bride in it.

I had a large bride's bouquet. MOH had a smaller version of mine. Two Bridesmaids had small bouquets. Flowergirls had little arrangements (I bought the baskets in advance). Bouts were for Groom, Best Man, 2 Groomsmen, Father of Groom, 3 ushers. We got corsages for our 3 readers, Mother of Bride, and Godmother of the groom. We also had a little bouquet for tossing at the reception and two small vases of flowers for the church.

I happen to love carnations which are cheap & pretty so we used quite a bit of them. We did also have some Black Magic Roses in the mix. Our total cost was $600.

Here are pics from my wedding, you can scroll through the album to see the flowers ...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/s...

• smit

How Much Are Bouquets

When I got married (last year) I also wanted just small with a few flowers and I also had 4 bridesmaids. The local florist told me it would cost 800 for everything and that was totally out of the question. Luckily I found out that the local highschool had a horticulture class and a floral design class and they only charged me 400 for pretty much the same exact thing and they turned out beautiful. To find out for yourself though just call up florist Im sure most offer some sort of free consultation.

• Blunt

My bridal bouquet was $150. My BM bouquets were $85 a piece. Real flowers, north east.

Good luck

Why don't you just go for a single flower? Choose the colour that maybe match the colour setting for the bridal table, the top of your cake etc. Your bridesmaids' flower could match your dress or whatever you want. It is understated but still delightful and will save you heaps of money to spend on your honeymoon etc. You can press your single flower and if you make your own wedding album it can feature at the front along with your signed wedding papers.

Between 5 and 10 calla lillies (from a grocery store/walmart/target) tied with a long soft fabric ribbon of your wedding colors for your bouquet - who says it has to be traditional, round and tightly-bunched? You can do this arrangement yourself and save a ton of money.

I am getting married next month and got all of my flowers (silk) from a lady off ebay. She made them beautiful and so much prettier than any of the others I have seen. It was about $100.00 for a standard set but we had alot of extras. It was less than $200.00 for everything. She is in Orange Park, FL if you look online.