Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 years ago

why does my ar-15 jam?

hi i have a ar-15 bushmaster and ive cleaned it and it still jams... what it does is it doesnt eject the shell all the way. what could it be?

Favorite Answer

check the extractor and make sure you lubricated your bolt (if it is wore out replaced it) , if you been shooting steel case ammo (wolf) that could be one of the reasons that wear out quickly.

make sure you disassemble and cleaned the bolt not just wiped it out .

What magazines are you using?

What ammunition are you using?

Have you lubricated the rifle thoroughly? (It should be "wet".)

Use a cartridge to depress the ejector... Make sure it moves freely, and squirt it full of oil. You may have gotten a piece of brass shaving stuck in it... Not terribly common, but it happens sometimes.

Are you running an H buffer of any sort?

The rings on the bolt aligning causing a problem is a popular myth. It isn't the best idea... But a rifle will run with only a single ring (obviously, there is "the gap"). Also, as you insert the bolt into the bolt carrier, the rings are pressed inward by the cylinder and the gap becomes nearly non-existent. The issue of rings aligning is not really a problem.

A good rifle will run Wolf fine... I built my rifle with only the highest quality components, and it functions perfectly with Wolf and NO lubricant for ~300 rounds. A good rifle will run Wolf without any problems...

often times if its a bad round, a piece on the ejector will break. I don't have a bushmaster, but a colt and it are pretty close to the same. youtube it.

when you cleaned it did you make sure the rings on the bolt assembly were staggered and not in line? I have had this happen on an occasion or two.

Try some different ammunition, try different magazines, isolate the problem first.

Hmmm, .... Let me put on my swami's turban. Could it be, ...... Cheap Russian ammo!

It's jamming because it's an AR-15 Get an AK.