My friend hasn't gone to sleep in 3 days whats wrong?

she has tried to go to sleep but hasn't been able to for 3 days. all i know right now though is that she is 13 and has just been dumped from a 6 month relationship that she was really serious about. help plz

Update:

she has tried to go to sleep but hasn't been able to for 3 days. all i know right now though is that she is 13 and has just been dumped from a 6 month relationship that she was really serious about. help plz (and aperintly she is eating more than usual)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • moomie
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

being so upset could interfere with sleep. also not eating enough can make it hard to sleep. eventually she should be able to take catnaps. and unfortunately the less you sleep, the more you cry.

• 4 years ago

Wow, okay. First of all, she should definitely go to the doctor and describe any other symptoms. If she is experiencing pain, I can understand why you might think that it is the product of a tight skull.. otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about. Insomnia can have many sources, but I think that the skull thing might be jumping to conclusions. One of the main sources of insomnia, or sleep disorder in general, is stress. If she is experience any symptoms of anxiety, this could definitely contribute to insomnia, and it can be a viscous cycle, worrying and not sleeping, and worry about not sleeping. I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder a couple of years ago, and put on an anti-depressant. I took ambien to help me sleep for four months, but eventually I balanced out enough to sleep on my own.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

is she taking any types of drugs? maybe she has depression, she should go see a medical doctor or atleast a therapist

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

shes just upset. give her some space. she'll overcome it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.