JS asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What are some movies with lots of courtroom scenes?

I am a law student taking evidence and our professor has assigned us to watch a movie scene and analyze the evidence issues that it presents. My mom suggested To Kill a Mockingbird and A Few Good Men? Are these appropriate in your view? I would like something that (1) had lots of courtroom scenes and (2) is consdered classic and/or memorable.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • LilyRT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To Kill a Mockingbird is a great law flick, but there is only one sequence in the courtroom and it doesn't really have any evidence issues beyond eyewitness testimony. A Few Good Men is a better example. A lot more courtroom scenes and various evidence examples: a log book, medical records, etc.

Anatomy of a Murder is a great legal flick, and getting a pair of underwear admitted into evidence becomes important at the end.

The Verdict is also excellent and there are some missing medical records that come into play.

Inherit the Wind is a classic and one side keeps trying to get evidence of evolution admitted but the judge won't let it in.

Reversal of Fortune is based on the real trial of Claus von Bulow. Alan Dershowitz takes over the case at appeal and is trying to prevent admission of evidence taken by a hired gun. not many courtroom scenes, but the movie focuses heavily on the legal preparation behind getting ready for appeal

Source(s): lawyer and movie fanatic
  • Kini
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There was a good TV series call The Paper Chase in the '70s about law students and what they really went through. John Houseman was the main star.

There are a lot of old movies with courtroom scenes. I dont know which is helpful for you. You would need something that is technically correct regarding the law. These are some really superb movie courtroom dramas.

Inherit the Wind, Frederic March and Spencer Tracy.

The Verdict with Paul Newman.

Twelve Angry Men with Henry Fonda.

Anatomy of a Murder with James Stewart.

• 1 decade ago

Top 10 Courtroom Drama Movies

The American Film Institute asked more than 1,500 members of the film community to pick the ten best films representing ten American genres: animated, fantasy, gangster, science fiction, western, sports, mystery, romantic comedy, courtroom drama, and epic. The criterion for inclusion was feature-length (over 60 minutes), an American film, critical recognition, any major awards won, popularity over time, historical significance, and cultural impact. This list was released in 2008.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird (1963)

2. 12 Angry Men (1957)

3. Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)

4. The Verdict (1982)

5. A Few Good Men (1992)

6. Witness for the Prosecution (1958)

7. Anatomy of a Murder (1959)

8. In Cold Blood (1967)

9. A Cry in the Dark (1988)

10. Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)

Frankly, I find it amazing that they left off "Inherit the Wind" (1960)!

• CAT
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Primal Fear, Suspect, Class Action,the accused, 12 angry men (not a court room, but a jury room and deals with evidence) also check out law and order, the practice, matlock, boston legal

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Mr Blond reducing off the cop's ear in Reservoir dogs. Napoleon Dynamite dancing at assembly. The workplace scene in combat club the place Edward Norton beats himself up. The "Is it risk-free?" scene in Marathon guy.

• KO
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

My Cousin Vinny

A Time to Kill

• 1 decade ago

I would use A Few Good Men. It's accurate and up to date.

• Bean
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Philadelphia.

• 1 decade ago

to kill a mockingbird is good..

um sorry all i could think of are law and order (i know its a show but SVU is really good)

and legally blonde and Liar Liar

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Akowj...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.