How did Noah know that the entire world was flooded?

I mean, assuming that Noah had fairly good eyesight and that the world was round at the time he could have only seen that a relatively small area of the world was covered with water at the time. He had no way of knowing how bad the flood was in other countries. Why would he have written that the entire earth was... show more I mean, assuming that Noah had fairly good eyesight and that the world was round at the time he could have only seen that a relatively small area of the world was covered with water at the time. He had no way of knowing how bad the flood was in other countries. Why would he have written that the entire earth was flooded when he had no way of knowing that?

Same thing with how deep the water was. I'm sure he didn't have accurate measuring equipment with him at the time. How did he know how far down it went?