What the hell is Obama thinking? (Nuclear Weapons strategy)?

I'm a liberal and even I think this a idiotic maneuver. We liberals need to stop being so moronic when it comes to military weapons.

"The United States will swear off the development of new generations of nuclear weapons"... Pathetic

No I really am a liberal. I just have conservative beliefs when it comes to building up the military.

For the last time a liberal. I've always been a liberal. The only issue I disagree with liberals on is military spending. Sometimes we take our beliefs to far. Cutting our weapons supply and decreasing spending is absolutely stupid, when you know other countries are doing the opposite.

Favorite Answer

Nuclear weapons sound like they're powerful but they're really not that great in practice. They're very expensive to develop and maintain but once you have them, you really can't ever use them or even threaten to use them without serious consequences. There's really no difference between 5,000 nuclear weapons and 500 if you can never use a single one.

Nuclear warfare is so destructive that the US only really needs a small number to make the idea of attacking seem impossible. Even a couple dozen well-targeted warheads used against a country as large as Russia or China would make the cost of war intolerable to them.

My personal philosophy regarding arms control is that we should stop developing new nuclear weapons and cut down on our stockpiles until we find a way to get more use out of the ones we already have.

Source(s): Nukes are my life.

Liberals should just flat out stop talking about military matters since often times they don't fully understand whats going on. You would be amazed how many misconceptions there are about the military because of the left making false assumptions.

A good example of what I just said is the person right below me.

Apparently we have laser weapons now -_-

I guess I missed out on being issues my laser rifle when I was in the marines, which was only a couple of years ago.

Saber rattle That became component to the unstated plan to start with. only look at a map. Iran is hemmed in. To the East by utilising Afghanistan with American Armies. To the West Iraq and American Armies. This suitable placement gave us the means card in international kin. That became what became meant. whilst Syria had the yankee military on its border it made Syria withdraw from Lebanon and placed its armies back in Syria. something the UN became no longer able to do in 2 an prolonged time of letter writing. concern became the Iraq warfare became no longer gained immediately. Sadam became taken out yet Al queda and the insurgents made the warfare prolonged. in spite of the undeniable fact that i think the finished difficulty became neglected besides whilst the scholars rose up in Iran and Obama did no longer something and particularly known to factor with the regime. Now Iran can sense fairly secure understanding we can do no longer something and in the event that they get the Bomb they are able to stress us out of the two countries. the scholars are nonetheless there yet we lost a superb style of capital as quickly as we ought to continually have sided with them and did no longer. Now we can ought to easily wish and pray for yet another possibility. appropriate now we are happening the real same direction that allowed N Korea to get the bomb. whilst issues are in place and that they have the bomb you will realize it as a results of fact they are going to turn off the cameras and throw out the inspectors only as N Korea did.

We have more nuclear weapons than everybody else! We could kill the entire world 4 times over!

We need to stop!

What specific part of the strategy do you have a problem with?

Are you really a Liberal? I smell a ratty little Con troll here.

Personally, I think nukes are over rated and completely unnecessary, they should be eliminated altogether. I would prefer a missile defense program instead.

He is saying that he won't use nukes on any country that doesn't use them. It's like putting MAD on a piece of paper. There are exclusions for Islamic countries...which makes perfect sense.

We already spend billions more than any other country. We have laser, sound and other "futuristic" weapons...We are BEYOND nuclear weapons. Why not cut down?

The only foreign "strategy" I've seen out of Obama, is the one Putin dictates to him.

• Bug

I'm not in Obama's mind so I don't know what he's thinking.

Heck, I can't even figure out what you're ASKING! Care to be just a little more specific? "Nuclear weapons strategy" is a broad topic.