nareik asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 years ago

Is there a lip balm that actually WORKS that doesn't gloss your lips?

now i'm a guy, and buying a lip balm that works and doesn't make my lips all shiny is a pain. my lips get dry, REALLY badly. i'm constantly having to apply lip balms every 5mins while my friends can go a whole day without using anything on their lips. i've tried pretty much every lip balm under the sun (carmex, blistex, nivea, chapstick, burts bees, vaseline original and aloe vera to name a few) with only remotely successful results (chapstick being the one that slightly works). all of them in the end eventually can't handle the strain of my mighty lips and start drying them out again. now i bought this lip balm called Balm Balm, and it seems to be working ok, but my lips shimmer like ive applied some sort of feminine lip gloss. all i want is nice healthy looking lips minus the shimmer! can anyone recommend some lip balms that WORK and DO NOT MAKE MY LIPS LOOK ALL SHINY??

Favorite Answer

I recommend EOS sphere lip balm, its waxy so it won't make your lips shinny or glossy

It may be that you need to exfoliate your lips. When you brush your teeth, after you rinse your toothbrush, use it to gently scrub of the dead skin on the surface of your lips. Do this twice a week, and you may find you need to apply less lip balm.

Here are the lip balms i suggest you try:

Nivea Active Care for Men provides long lasting protection, and is shine, colour, and fragrance free

Essence of Nature Lip Healer by Superior Source is 100% natural and will keep your lips looking healthy, soft and moisturized.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer SPF is formulated with highest quality ingredients - there's no color, no fragrance, no unnecessary additives.

Maybe you can answer my question?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ai.sp...

I know you said you didn't want something glossy and this IS a lip gloss but it really does work. And if you don't put a lot on, it won't be glossy... promise. I know guys that use it and they just use the original. It's called Neauties and it really does work. I use it all the time and it gets rid of the worst chapped lips. It's the only thing I use BECAUSE of that. You could also just use it at night really glossy and thick so you won't have to use so much in the day.

Its on sale (and it REALLY DOES WORK!!!!) so you shold consider rying it and if you don't like it you could always give it to your mom or sister or girlfriend or something!!

Hope this helps!!

http://neauties.com/

I agree with the Nivea Kiss Of Moisture.

That one works really well, and actually does its job.

Soft Lips is okay, though dries out quickly.

Blistex Clear Advance for Men.

• Erika

Chapstick That Actually Works

burts bees works well! if you just put lip balm on at night, it will fix the problem and no one will see your shiny lips, haha

the soft lips is really the only option u have left lo but use very little cuz it can get shiny and glossy

Soft Lips. Just don't put too much or it will be kinda shiny.

Ever tried soft lips?