40th Birthday party, 1970?

Hubby is turning 40 and I am throwing him a surprise party. I need suggestions on things like party favors, games to play, cake ideas, as well as popular things from the 70's like popular toys, food, etc. Keep it simple and on a budget, both kids and grown-ups will be attending the party.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Cool! My hubby just turned 40 this year too! I threw him a party at a bar we used to hang out at back in the day. We didn't invite children and it wasn't a surprise but it was a fun time. I didn't do any games. I brought cup cakes for everyone so we wouldn't have to cut a cake at the bar.

-Can you look for some of those "throwback" cans that pepsi and mtn dew are making? Stock up on that for the party.

-Maybe print some pictures of old liquor labels for your bar area.

-Have his friends and family send you pics of him (and his friends and fam) for collages around the house.

-Play the 70s channel on your cable tv radio station.

Candy Buffets are an affordable but visually amazing alternative to party favors!

www.candycouture4u.com

Chuck E Cheese

it's great for every age, i'm 63 and still have my birthday there!

http://www.inthe70s.com/food/ Hope this site helps you out

Source(s): Life's a great teacher, just pay attention.