Is the Firefighters Charitable Foundation a scam?

I have been getting solicitation calls like crazy and I'm trying to get them to put me on their do not call list. I just got a call from this fire fighters organization and when I started asking all sorts of questions like what is the direct mailing address for this organization, the telemarketer got a little freaked out and I told him to put me on their do not call list. He got off the line pretty quick! I googled this organization and found a lot about it possibly being a scam?? Any experience with this one? Is it really a scam?

Favorite Answer

They're not quite a scam, but they're not quite ethical either.

First of all, they don't represent the firefighters - any firefighters.

Second, while they DO actually contribute monies to the charity they list, it's like 1%. The rest goes to the foundation itself, which isn't a not-for-profit. Yes, that's right, these places exist solely to make money by making you THINK they're an actual charity.

Even a poorly run, not-for-profit organization, like those "Feed The Children!" ones averages 30%.

They won't hide any details, and will obey all laws - which is the only reason they can still exist.

However they're using the word "firefighters" to trick people into thinking it's their actual local firefighters, and the word "Charitable" to make you think they're doing actual charity work. To be honest you'd do the actual charity more good by simply mailing a buck to them than going through these fake bozos.

There are tons of these fake charities. All of them use some mixture of charity, association, foundation, firefighter, fire marshal, fire chief, policemen, cops, sheriff, deputy, etc. This allows them to quickly shut down and setup a new "company" quickly just in case they slip up.

The real police and firemen hate these guys because they basically have to compete with these scumbags whenever they want to do actual charity work.

• They just contacted me about a week ago.. thank you thank you for posting this.. not donating..

• vates

Firefighters Charitable Foundation

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have been getting solicitation calls like crazy and I'm trying to get them to put me on their do not call list. I just got a call from this fire fighters organization and when I started asking all sorts of questions like what is the direct mailing address for this organization, the...

Source(s): firefighters charitable foundation scam: https://biturl.im/Mb6Er

The foundation for , from Southfield Mi only gives 6% of money to the firefighters and veterans

• Lisa

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avOpZ

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach him to fish.... The following is one of the most amazing stories I have heard. A lady who was a successful CEO decided to turn her talents toward helping others. She set up in an innercity building and took in ex cons. On the ground floor where resaurants and stores which were designed to finance the operation. She contributed her time as did some other people who had similar goals. On other floors were accomodations and rooms for group therapy and lectures. People were selected to participate based on criteria that most likely pointed to success. Through education and therapy the ex cons were given the opportunity to learn basic skills and graduate to jobs with more and more responsibility and so had the opportunity to rehabilitate themselves with the expert guidance all around them. The project was completely self funded with no outside need from private or public systems. The interns were paid and that pay changed as they worked their way through the ranks. They were amazingly successful as the individuals were given a chance to improve their lives and self esteem and many went on to successful lives outside of the project. Some decided to stay on and help new interns through the process. I am generalizing as it was some time ago I became aware of this story. It makes me wonder why this wouldn't work for substance abuse or any other group in need of such help. It is amazing because it is really simple. Understanding, respect, dignity is afforded and life skills are learned and practiced. It addressed the very things all humans need and deserve giving them the deserved sense of worth and ability to lead productive lives. For many it was the very first time these needs were even acknowledged. It is a story I will never forget. It makes me wonder why government doesn't do this instead of throwing countless tax dollars down the drain to appear to be making a difference. One lady put this thing together. Yes she had help along the way of course but she alone had the idea and made it happen. It would benifit those most in need of basic life skills who have a willingness to be better than they are. Addicts of all kinds including shopping, eating etc. These people in my experience are actually incredibly bright under the cloud of their issues and once removed exposes the and almost depthless love for their fellow man. These are the perfect type of people for a program like this. It is a gift that keeps on giving.

Thanks for this post! I sensed something wasn't right. They asked for my CC info over the phone. I told them I would not provide it. They replied stating I would not have to provide the CV code on the back. Still said no. Got the invoice in the mail and the logo on the document doesn't match the website. And, couldn't find a FFCF in Topeka KS which is what address was listed on the invoice.

Handled this in one swift motion ... SHRED!

Scam Scam Scam..

Yes I agree with what's been answered

we have been getting calls at my bosses business for them and NACOP. on both the confirmation# they both have the number 8351515. I called them and they said they were not associated with each other. So why is this number the same on both papers? Seems really fishy!!

yep , just got a call from them, i said i'll check them out before i send a check