Should we move the wedding date? Getting worried?

My partner and I are getting married in 166 days but we are still waiting for the visa to come through (he lives in Florida, I live in South Australia at the moment and the visa will allow him to live here). He wants to be here to plan the wedding (everything) and to propose in person which is why we aren't... show more My partner and I are getting married in 166 days but we are still waiting for the visa to come through (he lives in Florida, I live in South Australia at the moment and the visa will allow him to live here). He wants to be here to plan the wedding (everything) and to propose in person which is why we aren't technically engaged. We have booked a celebrant and the photographer already (have to get in quick with those).
The problem is, by the time the FBI actually does a background check and then the visa to be processed there won't be much time to tell people we are getting married and we have people who will be traveling from about 5-8 hours and also overseas if they can. I've suggested moving the date (no one but us, my parents who I live with and grandma know although there is a rumour; my family gets like that) so that when my partner can finally come over people have time to organize off work and save up to come down for the wedding as family is very important to me.

Should we move the date or keep it as is and just have whoever can come at short notice and hope for the best? It is really starting to get to me!

Thank you in advance, your opinions are greatly appreciated!
Update: We haven't sent out invites yet (I refuse to waste money until its all sorted) so that isn't to much of a problem. The visa has been in for about 6 months now (Immigration told us it would take about 4-6 months to get it processed and they have told us all we need is the FBI and police there to do... show more We haven't sent out invites yet (I refuse to waste money until its all sorted) so that isn't to much of a problem.
The visa has been in for about 6 months now (Immigration told us it would take about 4-6 months to get it processed and they have told us all we need is the FBI and police there to do background check then they can go through it all).
Yes we have met in real life, its something we had to do to be sure and we both knew not long after that its what we wanted. We've talked about every issue we (and my parents) can possibly think of.
Immigration are the ones who told us about this visa and how long it would take (we called them to make sure we did it the right way).