Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How could someone possibly think US War crimes are not being committed?

I just asked a question if the US should impose sanctions against the USA for war crimes.

And I got responses like "War crimes?" "What war crimes, there's no war crimes"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_post-...

On September 16, Blackwater guards shot and killed 17 Iraqi civilians in Nisour Square, Baghdad.

On March 12, 5 U.S. troops gang raped and murdered a 14 year old Iraqi girl, after murdering 3 members of her family currently in the home at the time. The incident resulted the offenders being prosecuted and a number of reprisal attacks against U.S. troops by insurgent forces.

On March 15, 11 Iraqi civilians were allegedly bound and executed by U.S. troops in what is termed the "Ishaqi incident".

On November 19, 24 Iraqis were killed. At least 15, and allegedly all, of those killed were non-combatant civilians and all are alleged to have been killed by a group of U.S. Marines. The following ongoing investigation claimed it found evidence that "supports accusations that U.S. Marines deliberately shot civilians, including unarmed women and children", according to an anonymous Pentagon official.

The village of Mukaradeeb was attacked by American helicopters on May 19, 2004, killing 42 men, women and children. The casualties, 11 of whom were women and 14 were children, were confirmed by Hamdi Noor al-Alusi, the manager of the nearest hospital. Western journalists also viewed the bodies of the children before they were buried.

Eyewitness reports from residents fleeing the city, peace activists, and an aid worker from Doctors Without Borders[15] alleged that the tactics used by U.S. Marines in the siege of Fallujah were a violation of the laws of war and human rights. They alleged that Marine snipers targeted civilians and medical personnel.[16][17][18][19][20][21] Many newspaper reports indicated that a significant proportion of the casualties in Fallujah were women and children.[22][23][24][25][26] In a newspaper interview,[27] a US sniper described Fallujah as "target-rich", and stated "as a sniper your goal is to completely demoralize the enemy". There were also reports that US and Spanish troops forced Fallujah hospitals to be evacuated when they were needed most urgently.[28] The U.S. military mostly denied the allegations, or refused to comment on them

Incinerated body of an Iraqi soldier on the "Highway of Death," a name the press has given to the road from Mutlaa, Kuwait, to Basra, Iraq. U.S. planes immobilized the convoy by disabling vehicles at its front and rear, then bombing and straffing the resulting traffic jam for hours. More than 2,000 vehicles and tens of thousands of charred and dismembered bodies littered the sixty miles of highway. The clear rapid incineration of the human being [pictured above] suggests the use of napalm, phosphorus, or other incindiary bombs. These are anti-personnel weapons outlawed under the 1977 Geneva Protocols. This massive attack occurred after Saddam Hussein announced a complete troop withdrawl from Kuwait in compliance with UN Resolution 660. Such a massacre of withdrawing Iraqi soldiers violates the Geneva Convention of 1949, common article 3, which outlaws the killing of soldiers who "are out of combat." There are, in addition, strong indications that many of those killed were Palestinian and Kuwaiti civilians trying to escape the impending seige of Kuwait City and the return of Kuwaiti armed forces. No attempt was made by U.S. military command to distinguish between military personnel and civilians on the "highway of death." The whole intent of international law with regard to war is to prevent just this sort of indescriminate and excessive use of force.

I can't believe people could possibly be ignorant to US war crimes, You can read the official report from the International war crime tribunal on the USA.

And more links

http://www.uswarcrimes.org/index.php/download-war-...

How could someone possibly not think there were war crimes being commited?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Liberals think a war crime is denying a prisoner half a dessert, the same way they think a hero is someone who gets a cat out of a tree.

They're so removed from any harsh reality, or any lesson from history they make up their own definitions.

It's all in the definition isn't it cutes? Re-Write the dictionary, and "Bingo", you're always correct.

You're not enlightened, advanced, progressive, superior ...

only "Clueless", gullible and naive.

Nothing like restricting the "time-line" and putting an "expiration date" on the ones that prove you wrong, is there?

Read "Rape of Nanking",

The Holocaust,

Bataan Death march,

Malmedy massacre,

Katyn Forest,

Prisoners of the Japanese (Gavin Dawes),

What the Russians did to the women in Berlin/Germany after they conquered,

the dead from Stalin/Mao (20 million each?)

Discover (in your case for the first time), what a "war-crime" really is.

Are these lessons being suppressed by your liberal "poof" professor? Are they threatening you with failure if you don't forget what was real, and learn "only" what they want you to?

China executed 1,000 people last year. More than the rest of the world combined. Does he/she (the teacher) think we need to be like China?

Pick & choose hypocrisy. Try including them all (too far fetched of a philosophy for you?).

Can't win, if you don't "stack" the deck ... now can you?

As with Gwobal Wa Wa, you get a better percentage (more Drama) if you leave out facts that counter your pre-determined conclusion. (you know, for the ones that paid you?)

Take a BS detector to school Honey.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your right to ask your question was granted under the guidelines of the US

Constitution. And the reason you were able to is ,simply the Army you have

chosen to attack. Defends your rights to do so everyday. Now Do I agree with

what you have posted NO, But I must grin and bear it. For that is what a

Professional Solider does. We consider the source and move forward.

At No time in my tours in Afghanistan or Iraq did I ever see someone with

your beliefs leading the charge. to jump into the middle of the frey so to speak

and Champion the cause of those you offer to pontificate for. I do however

see your taking on the cause, sitting behind a computer screen thousands

of miles away from bee stings whizzing around your head.

Keep your effort alive and we will continue to afford you the right to destroy our morale.

and embolden the enemy and we will just continue to grin and bear it,.

Source(s): Ret. O-4 MOS 31A US ARMY. Military Police Commander and CID Commander,
  • 1 decade ago

Many people hates me just because Iam dating to girl from USA. They always tell me, they hate USA, because USA is only country that dropped the Nuke and killed many people. Do you have any idea how painful to be killed by nuke.They dropped Japan instead of Germany or England

because, they are not caucasian, they are yellow. You could have drop nukes and many bombs to military base, not place where many civilians are. many civilians were killed. They cant forgive USA, because of killing many innocent civilians. What makes difference, Japan killed many civilians, USA

also killed many civilians by nuke and bombs. It is same as going to Japan and killed all people who arein Japan, Japanese civilians, Japanese armies by machine guns. It is like shooting all people from Iraq even they are civilians. Were they going to nuke Iraq and Vietnam? If they did exactly like that in Vietnam and Iraq it would be big trouble. Are they going to nuke Afghanistan because

they can`t find Bin Laden, just like what they did to Japan?

Any way, I ignore them, I still love my girlfriend, no matter what people say about her.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with jim s.

What I don`t understand is this patient does violence even he studied war crimes.

He got very interested and studies war crimes like Forced labor, Comfort women, Mass killings, Human experimentation, Torture. He was very sorry about these history of war crimes. From this history he must dislike violence. However what I don`t understand about him is why he do violence. He put cat in the microwave, stabbed and torture his pet hamster. Everyday he tells me he want to kill and torture the guy he hates, and I think he is lying but he tells me he killed someone every week. He was angry about German and Japanese war crime, so he never made friends who are German or Japanese male, but he made many female Japanese friends. He dislike Japanese and German kids so he stabbed them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Sounds like you never heard, that's the point of war, to break things and kill people, until one side of the other tires of having their toys broken and people killed. The alleged numbers of your alleged war crimes pale in the face of history. Want to point fingers for alleged war crimes, if the death of civilians is all it takes to earn that classification, let's look to FDR and the carpet bombing of not one, but many of Germany's most populace cities. FDR authorized the killing of tens of thousand of German civilians, men...women....children. Where were or are the calls for war crimes trials ?

Truman and the annihilation of two Japanese cities. Any calls there ? LBJ carpet bombing cities in North Viet Nam. What's that we hear, crickets, again ?

Seems the left are awful picky when it comes to being indignant and outraged of what "They" consider "war crimes." Must be something about that D that follows their names.

• Mrs. C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Where ever there are human beings ... there is crime. What is astonishing ... is that the left, while focused on 'war' ignorantly thinks there is no corruption in government.

You idiots give power hand over foot to government thinking your party could never harm you or the country.

* of course I assumed you meant real corruption. If your talking civilian deaths ... that is what makes it WAR. Be grateful American MEN are bad *** enough that YOU will never know what thats like because thousands of American soldiers would die protecting you from what you call 'war crimes'.

• L.T.M.
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

War is hell. No military in history has curtailed it's own war-fighting plans and risked (and sacrificed) the lives of it's own warriors to spare the lives of civilians the way The United States Military does.

Since you like research, take some time and look at this video. It's a no nonsense look at daily operations in Iraq. Then ask yourself if you'd be willing to lay your life on the line to protect (and defend) innocents on a regular basis like these people do.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/s...

Source(s): 3rd ID
  • Sara
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I think it is highly possible that the report is true but when the group doing the investigation (the UN) has been guilty of embezzling money from programs such as the OIL for Food program I tend to believe their findings may be agenda driven.

• Arlo
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Does anyone else find it strange that people like Libtardation think they're patriots for encouraging America to go against the values on which it was founded?

• 1 decade ago

Your local police department gets away with shooting anyone for anything. When is that last time a cop was charged with manslaguhter? These people are in a WAR ZONE.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that "peace activists" in a war zone are not the most credible of witnesses.

Shoot first and let allah reward them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.