Can Tim Bradley(25(11ko)-0) really beat Luis Abregu(29(23ko)-0) june 19th?

Luis Abregu is a tough warrior.Check him out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J72hosu5_g

Youtube thumbnail

Tim Bradley:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB0ySLUdzf0

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Hey wise man.His name is luis Abregu.Look at the fight schedule for june 19th and look at u tube.http://www.maxboxing.com/fight-schedule

Best Answer

I've seen Luis Abregu fight and he is a pretty good fighter but I was not overly impressed with him in his televised performancers and I think Timothy Bradley has the stuff to defeat him when they fight later this year. Abregu's chin is decent but it's not that solid because I saw his last fight and he was dropped pretty hard by Richard Gutierrez in a fight that he returned the favor by dropping Gutierrez and went on to win by unanimous decision.

Bradley has much better all-around boxing skills and has proven himself to be the real deal at junior welterweight and he is on the verge of becoming a top 10 pound for pound fighter (some claim he is already there now), and it looks like Bradley has the stuff to be a multiple division world champion. Abregu has not fought nearly as good opposition as Bradley has- Abregu has defeated the aforementioned Gutierrez and he squeaked by the fringe contender David Estrada in a split decision of a fight that many felt he deserved to lose (I saw the fight and I thought Abregu won but it was extremely close and could have went the other way). Neither Gutierrez nor Estrada are seen as power punchers but both rocked Abregu hard in their fights against him. But Bradley is not a power puncher and I think Tim will have to rely on his very good boxing skills to get the win in this fight and he will have to get on the inside against the much taller opponent like he did against Lamont Peterson (which was arguably his most complete and best performance to date).

The fight is definitely not an easy fight for Bradley and it can be considered dangerous but I think Bradley wins it in a clear decision: it's a win-win situation for Bradley anyway because if he wins, he knows he can compete at both 140 and 147 pounds, and if he loses, he goes back down to 140 and continues to defend his title in that division.

EDIT: I just read on ESPN.com that Bradley may not fight Abregu at welterweight this June but instead may defend his junior welterweight title against Marcos Maidana, which is a much better fight in my opinion.

Of course he can. Timothy Bradley is a very good boxer he got some very impressive

wins over Junior Witter, Kendall Holt and Lamont Peterson. I see Tim Bradley winning

a very tough fought MD Majority Decision that goes the distance 12 Rounds. I do like

what HBO is doing matching Bradley up with a tough opponent thats why they say the

best fighters do fight on HBO World Championship Boxing. And I would like to see him

fight a rematch with Nate Campbell later this year if at all that is possible.

• Yes, he can.

Abregu can punch, but Bradley is a technically gifted boxer. He doesn't have a lot of power, but he makes up for it with fast hands, great defensive movement, and a solid chin. I predict him to win a wide UD on the scorecards. Abregu will try to make a fight out it, but Bradley's movement will keep Abregu off balance all night long.

Special Award to HSM: This first award has been selected by WBHF and Amie. This award is for a person that has contributed to the e-fed since day 1 and put in so much effort to every show and every promo. We have decided to give this first award to HSM. HSM has been in multiple e-feds including the original YWSE and in all feds he gives 100% effort and the rest! HSM had a great run here in YWSE 2.0 and even won the world heavyweight title. He promoed week in and week out, and they got better all the time. So congratulations to the winner of this special award, HSM! Amie Speech: *Amie walks out onto the stage to accept her award * Wow, thanks. I did not really expect this award.. My career here in YWSE 2.0 has been on and off. I have been going down other roads and trying my hand at new things, but my heart always remains here in the ring which is why I'm here tonight to accept this award and that's why I'm back for good. There is some talent here in RSCP and Ms Extreme and so to receive this award is an honour. You people can boo and cheer me, do whatever you want. But deep down you know I deserve this award and soon I will accomplish all my goals. I have one last thing to achieve in wrestling, and it's to win the YWSE 2.0 Women's title. So RSCP, I hope you're shinning up that belt real nice cause your days are truly numbered. Soon, I will take my place at the top as the champion. I am female of the year as voted by all these fans and fellow roster members. That means, I am better than you and it also means I'm better than Ms Extreme. This award is the beginning of my rebirth, and the beginning of my journey to become the new women's champion!!

The name is Carlos Abregu, Abregu is a good boxer with decent punching power but he will not beat Bradley because Abregu lacks a solid chin, and this fight will end with Bradleys hands in the air as the winner by KO.

EDIT: You are right but i was going by what Showtime calls him.

yes because he is the champion

but that 2 boxers is nothing compared this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nHlrZgm0YI

Youtube thumbnail

• John B

i expect him to