Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

To all those Muslims who scream "We need no division, we need to unite!" , let me ask you..?

What are you going to unite upon?

There are going to be 73 sects of Islaam. All will be in the fire except one. We know this from an authentic hadeeth..

It makes me sick to my stomach that people scream this and don't know what they're uniting upon..

This is their answer: We are uniting for the sake of Allaah and being Muslim..

But that doesn't make sense because there are different versions of "Islaam" people follow all over the world..

There are some that worship at graves and worship saints (Sufis)

There are those who worship Ali and call Aisha Radiyalahu anha derogatory names (shiia)

There are those who think dawaah is travelling for 40 days and sleeping in a Masjid (Tabligh)

The only way Muslims can unite is upon Tawheed and following the Sunnah. am i right? How do we follow the sunnah? by looking at the strong authentic narrations and following the scholars of Islaam.

the Qur'an states following the "People of knowledge." Who are these people? The scholars of Islaam who can be traced back to the Prophet Sallalahu alayhi wasalaam's time..

Did I open your mind a little?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assalam o Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuh, brother,

Hope you are alive and well.

`Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas commented on Allah's statements,

"And follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path.", and,

"(Saying) that you should establish religion and make no divisions in it.) "42:13

and similar Ayat in the Qur'an, "Allah commanded the believers to adhere to the Jama`ah and forbade them from causing divisions and disputes. He informed them that those before them were destroyed because of divisions and disputes in the religion of Allah.'' Similar was said by Mujahid and several others. Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, "The Messenger of Allah drew a line with his hand (in the sand) and said,

"This is Allah's path, leading straight." He then drew lines to the right and left of that line and said,

"These are the other paths, on each path there is a devil who calls to it." He then recited,

"And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path.)"

6:153

'' Al-Hakim also recorded this Hadith and said; "Its chain is Sahih, but they did not record it.'' Imam Ahmad and `Abd bin Humayd recorded (and this is the wording of Ahmad) that Jabir said; "We were sitting with the Prophet when he drew a line in front of him and said,"This is Allah's path."

He also drew two lines to its right and two lines to its left and said,"These are the paths of Shaytan." He then placed his hand on the middle path and recited this Ayah;

And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may have Taqwa. Imam Ahmad, Ibn Majah, in the Book of the Sunnah in his Sunan, and Al-Bazzar collected this Hadith. Ibn Jarir recorded that a man asked Ibn Mas`ud, "What is As-Sirat Al-Mustaqim (the straight path)'' Ibn Mas`ud replied, "Muhammad left us at its lower end and its other end is in Paradise. To the right of this Path are other paths, and to the left of it are other paths, and there are men (on these paths) calling those who pass by them. Whoever goes on the other paths will end up in the Fire. Whoever takes the Straight Path, will end up in Paradise.''

Of those who Farraqu Dinahum (split up their religion), and became sects, each sect rejoicing in that which is with it. means, do not be of the idolators who split up their religion, i.e., changed it by believing in parts of it and rejecting other parts. Some scholars read this as Faraqu Dinahum, meaning "neglected their religion and left it behind them.'' These are like the Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians, idol worshippers and all the followers of false religions, besides the followers of Islam, as Allah says:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects, you have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allah (6:159). The followers of the religions before us had differences of opinions and split into false sects, each group claiming to be following the truth. This Ummah too has split into sects, all of which are misguided apart from one, which is Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jama`ah, those who adhere to the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah and what was followed by the first generations, the Companions, their followers, and the Imams of the Muslims of earlier and later times. In his Mustadrak, Al-Hakim recorded that the Messenger of Allah was asked which of the sects was the saved sect and he said:

What I and my Companions are upon.

33. And when harm touches men, they cry sincerely only to their Lord, turning to Him in repentance; but when He gives them a taste of His mercy, behold, a party of them associates partners in worship with their Lord.

34. So as to be ungrateful for the graces which We have bestowed on them. Then enjoy; but you will come to know. 35. Or have We revealed to them an authority, which speaks of that which they have been associating with Him) 36. And when We cause mankind to taste of mercy, they rejoice therein; but when some evil afflicts them because of what their hands have sent forth, behold, they are in despair!

37. Do they not see that Allah expands the provision for whom He wills and straitens (it for whom He wills). Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who believe.

Source(s): Cool Fundamentalist. Tafsir Ibn-e-kathir. I salute my faithful follower who never fails to thumbs me down, wherever possible. Best regards to you my beloved. May Allah guide us all to the rightful path.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

It is a Nuns own personal choice to be a Nun, and not all Nuns wears the standard uniform. Many dress as regular people. A beard does not make you an extremist, a bomb does. An American woman has the choice to work or stay home. In many households, the woman makes more money than the man. Anytime someone dedicates themselves to a religion, it is a pointless effort. It is like dedicating yourself to Santa Claus or Harry Potter. When a Christian, or any other religious fanatic kills for religion, it is indeed mentioned and broadcast all over the news. The IRA was politically motivated, not religiously, and they have been disbanded. The KKK is not supported by the christian majority, and if asked, or brought to the attention of a christian, they will quickly speak up against the actions of this tiny group and express their opinion of why these people are not proper representatives of their religion. - Muslims do not do this in regards to terrorists. A comment about terrorism from a Muslim is never volunteered, it must be solicited, and it is usually shrouded in defense and poor excuses. Even this question that you are asking is somewhat an excuse and effort to justify Islamic terrorism.

• 1 decade ago

To call yourself anything other than a MUSLIM, is directly against the teachings of the Quran. Today, Muslims proudly call themselves a sunni, shia, maliki, shaffi, ehl-e-hadees etc. This is what divides the religion into sects. They all say they are still muslims but they belong to a particular school of thought...or in simple words, a member of a sect.

Lets see what Allah has to say about this:

Surah Al-Imran (3:103)

“Hold fast, all of you, to the cord of Allah and be not divided…”

Surah Al-Anam (6:159)

“Surely, those who have made divisions in their deen and turned into factions, you have nothing to do with them. Their case rests with Allah alone, then He will tell them what they have been doing.”

Who was the prophet? Did he belong to a sect? Was he a sunni? No..he was just a MUSLIM. In the 6:159 above, Allah (swt) has specifically addressed the Prophet (pbuh) by ordering him that he has no connection or relation whatsoever with anyone who identifies him or herself as a faction of the deen that Allah has ordained for Muslims. It must be noted here that this deen or judgment is nothing but the Quran itself. This deen comes from the Quran alone and not through any other source.

We further read in Surah As-Sajdah (41:33)

“Who can be better in words than the one who calls towards Allah, and acts righteously and says, I am a Muslim”

This verse clearly says that the righteous are those who call themselves a MUSLIM or are among the MUSLIMEEN. Not sunni, shia, shafi, maliki and Allah knows what else.

The sunnah of the prophet is in the Quran. The hadith books provide contradictory narrations about the prophet and in my opinion, are not reliable.

Let us all follow the Quran.

• Sam
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have read your question. All sects are harram in Islam and as per Quran. It was a prediction that there will be 72 sects but that does not mean that we are required to make 72 sect purposely as it was said by Prophet Muhammad pbuh, it was a mere prediction.

I question shiites, sunnis, quranist for authenticity of their sects as per Quran but they block me bcoz i exposed fallacy of their sect. Remember: There is no verse in the Quran that commands us to create, form a sect and wear the same respective label.

No one is ready to up hold the message of Quran. Everyone is following desire of men, nafs and sects :)

Have a Good Day. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our mind is open it is yours that is closed. Of course the people who wrote the hadeeth said that. They were the creator of the divisions. Reference the Quran for authority if you have one.

Somber 123

Source(s): Senior Psychology Major
  • Moses
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

No you are not right. The only thing in common believers have is the QUran not hadith/Sunnah. In fact hadith is the cause of separation because each group has their own scholars and their own Sunnah. Once again you are wrong.

• Susan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

“As for those who divide their religion and break up into shias (sects), you (Prophet Muhammed)

have no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.” (Quran, 6:159)

you are right

This is why if you see any of my answers to shias and sunnis

I tell them repeatedly sects are haram in Islam

I follow quran and hadith..I dont see why I should put myself into a sect and risk going to the Hell fire.

I am a muslim! and thats it

• 1 decade ago

People are people whether Shia' or Sunni, or Bahai' or Zorastrian or christian. Why can't we all just live in Peace with each other? especially in the middle-east? Everyday i hear "Iraqi fanatic bombs an Assyrian family" or "90 percent Kudish villages wiped out" Why doesn't anyone see what we are doing to our homeland?????? destroying it!!!!!!!!

• How can you open other people's minds when yours is still closed?

Your blatant lies such as Shias worshipping Imam Ali (as) is getting really old. When have Shias worshipped Imam Ali(as)? Astsghfirullah. And no, we do not call Aisha any names. We criticize her actions for fighting against Imam Ali (as) and disobeying the Holy Prophet SAAW. Shia Muslims also believe in Tawheed, we follow the Sunnah through teachings of the Pure and Holy Ahlul Bait (as), yet that makes one a kaffir? Does the Ahlul Bait (as) mean anything to you salafees even? Despite declaring the Shahadah, believing in the Quran, the pillars of Islam, we are not considered Muslims because we choose not to abandon the Ahlul Bait(as) and instead love them and mourn them? We are not Muslims because we do not overlook or excuse the actions of hypocrites?

Don't worry though, Shias aren't looking to unite with salafees like you anyway.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Open your mind a little!

What was the thought of beloved Prophet (s.a.w), He wanted everyone to be guided. He wished everyone to be escaped from Jahannam and enter Jannah. Do we wish this? Praying to Allah to guide me and guide all mankind. Do we pray that. ,,,, when are we going to follow the Sunnah in fields of Da’wa. What did beloved Prophet (s.a.w) pray for the people of Taif who harmed him, was it for Destruction or for their guidance?

Then can we not wish that Ummah be united and the whole of mankind be guided. Our part is to strive and Allah (s.a.w) guided whom He wills. He surely has created amoungst mankind and Jinns as fuels of Jahannam…Allah (s.w.t) guides those who strive in His cause.

You forgot to mention, there are also groups in Islam who thinks Da'wa to be through CDs and TV channels, seems you have mis- understood what Tabligh is. It's a duty of this Ummah which every Muslim is supposed to do. 40 days is a Tarteeb (a system) as we have many systems for Taleem and Da’wa. We have fixed years of syllabus in Madeena University or Ummul Qura or any Madrassa….Let our r heart be opened and broad. I see people shouting this 73 hadith and all they want is split Ummah to groups, enlist them and prove they are the right and others are the wrong. Did Salaf Saliheen use this Hadith to divide or do they do like we do, they feared themselves if they were amongst them. In fact, Sahaba (r.a) feared Nifaq in them then they feared for others.

No doubt the Hadith is authentic. It's a warning for all of us to be cautious. Not for us to sit in air-condition rooms, eating five times a day and judge about Muslimoon around the world. Ummah will unite Insha-Allah when they are united upon Allah's Deen. When Imaan comes in heart (not in CDs and Books or pamphlets). When Ummah is willing to Sacrifice their wealth and time to raise the word of Allah, Sahaba (r.a) travelled to faraway lands for Da’wa. If they were like us sitting at one place and commenting about others to be people of hell, most of mankind would not have seen the light of Islam. Ummah will unite when our goal becomes Akhirath and not Dunya. When we pleases Allah (The Creator) and not the creations. We all lack in qualities as a n Ummah. We are not doing our duty, so are the trials and tests from Allah.

I pray again, O Allah make us amongst guided and those who guide others. Not among those astray and make others astray.

Jazakallah Khair,

Salam Alaikum.

• 1 decade ago

WHO MADE YOU A FREAKING SCHOLAR TO ACCUSE ANY ONE OF KUFFR?

DID YOU REFER TO SCHOLARS IN INTERPRETING THIS PARTICULAR HADITH?

WHO SAID THAT UNITY IS ABOUT AGREEMENT WITH PRINCIPLES? IT'S ACTUALLY ABOUT PEACEFUL UNDERSTANDING AND HOLDING TO ONE'S BELIEF AT THE SAME TIME

WHAT MADE YOU A TOP LEVEL PEACE MAKER TO INSULT TABLIGH OR TO JUDGE SUFIS? FYI THESE ARE NOT SECTS, THEY MAY BE 100% SALFI (FUNDAMENTALIST/ORTHODOX) IN CREED BUT THEY MAY CONDUCT CERTAIN (IJTIHAD) IN WORSHIPING ALLAH OR PREACHING

DID YOU KNOW THAT SALHUDEEN AND NOOREDDEEN ZINKI WERE SUFIS????!!!!

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE FUNDAMENTALS OF INTERPRETING QURAN AND/OR HADITH?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DIVISIONS IN REGARD TO ISLAMIC CREED (AQEEDA)?

DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SALAFI, ASHA'ARI, MATUREEDI, BATENYA, MUA'TTELAH....ETC? THOSE ARE THE DIVISIONS YOU ARE REFERRING TO AND YET YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FOR THE LOVE OF THE BELOVED PROPHET PBUH, FOR THE LOVE OF MUSLIMS, FOR THE LOVE OF UNITY, STOP THE GOD DAMN IGNORANCE, STOP THE FREAKING POLITICS

يا أخي يا أخي لاتسيء استخدام هذا الحديث الشريف، ارجع إلي أهل العلم في شرحه، كفانا جهلا و سعيا وراء سياسات و كبرياء الحمقى،أخبرني أحد أصدقائي أن الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم سأله صحابته رضوان الله عليهم: هل نحن منهم؟ أي هل نحن من الفرقة الناجية

فكيف افترضت أنك منهم و عممت نظرتك الإنتقاصية على من عرفت ومن لم تعرف !!! الحمد لله أنا مسلم سني سلفي؛ وأنا أرفض أن نفسر الحديث بدون علم تأصيلي

والسلام

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.